cannot clear closed captioning
limitup
Enthusiast - Level 2

Periodically on each of our 2 sets the closed captioning appears.  When I press menu a small blue and gray menu appears in the center of the screen and at the bottom in red it says not available.  They is no way to access anything on this menu.  The closed caption stays for up to several hours then all of a sudden disappears.  What is this menu and why can't we access the regular menu?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: cannot clear closed captioning
PJL
Master - Level 3

@limitup wrote:

Periodically on each of our 2 sets the closed captioning appears.  When I press menu a small blue and gray menu appears in the center of the screen and at the bottom in red it says not available.  They is no way to access anything on this menu.  The closed caption stays for up to several hours then all of a sudden disappears.  What is this menu and why can't we access the regular menu?

"A small blue and gray menu" does not describe a FiOS STB menu, as far as I know.  It sounds like the menus on the TV itself.  Make sure you've presses the STB button on the remote before you try to access the STB menu by pressing "menu."  If TV is pressed and in effect, when you press "menu" on the remote the TV's menu will appear, not the STB's menu.

View solution in original post

PJL
Master - Level 3

@limitup wrote:

"A small blue and gray menu" does not describe a FiOS STB menu, as far as I know.  It sounds like the menus on the TV itself.  Make sure you've presses the STB button on the remote before you try to access the STB menu by pressing "menu."  If TV is pressed and in effect, when you press "menu" on the remote the TV's menu will appear, not the STB's menu.

limitup
Enthusiast - Level 2

That seems to have done the trick.  Thanks.