Certain streaming services not working
TodaysTomServo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having something of a bizarre issue with my Fios service. It started a couple weeks ago.  Some streaming services work fine (Netflix, Amazon Prime Video) while others do not load videos. (Paramount+, Disney+). When I attempt to play video on these services, it just loads endlessly and then times out. 

The services work fine if I switch to cellular network service instead of the home wifi network. 

Things I have tried:
Rebooting all devices, including the router
Reinstalling the streaming apps
Factory reset of the router
I called tech support and they tried bifurcating my home wireless network into 5Gg and 2.4G (so I could be sure to connect to 5G) and that didn't work. 

Any idea on what this could be? Just trying to get these working so my 3 year old can watch Peppa Pig! 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Certain streaming services not working
TodaysTomServo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I disabled IPV6 on my router and it's working now. In case anyone else is having the same problem!

View solution in original post

TodaysTomServo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I disabled IPV6 on my router and it's working now. In case anyone else is having the same problem!

Mtnbiker99x
Enthusiast - Level 2

How is this done I have a Verizon Router and Extender and I logged in using the Verizon APP and also website and can't figure out where  to shut that off. 

This all happened with an unstable router update a couple weeks ago. I had no internet at all and one of the TVs was down the Verizon tech came out and changed a few things and reset the router and doing tests it upload and downloads fast but I noticed that certain apps and things don't work. 

Things work when I use 4 or 5G on the phone no issues there but when at home hooked to the router Disney+, Nest, Instagram and Twitter don't work correctly. (I am sure there are more just the ones I know about).  Then the Verizon Stream TV Soundbar Disney+ does not work, the sound bar would not update so I had to turn phone into a hot spot to use the sound bar and update, Also other apps load really slow or don't work at all and hang.  Everything was perfect and none of this crap happened prior to that Verizon router update. I was hoped for another router update to fix their errors but nothing happened yet. 

If you know how to disable IPV6 on a Verizon Router (CR1000A) and a Fios Extender. Model: E3200 let me know I'll try searching around some more but this is the most about this current situation I can find is to disable IPV6

0 Likes
Mtnbiker99x
Enthusiast - Level 2

Found out how to shut if off go to the user guide here https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-router-cr1000a/  soon as logged in and shut off IPV6 everything started working. Both Stream TV bar and Verizon Samsung S22 Ultra all of a sudden got notifications from apps that were not working properly with IPV6 enabled. 

That seems to be the issue for now. Eventually on the next update I'll have to try and reenable the IPV6 and see if that fixes things. This seems to be the work around for now. 

Amazon Firestick some apps not working
jb31dtr

For the last few weeks 2 amazon firesticks and one andriod tv box will not work properly for hbomax and disney plus.   All work fine if connecting to my cell plan hotspot service.  Verizon just had us replace the router and still the same.  Seems to be their end blocking traffic.  Spent 2 hrs this weekend while they troubleshoot on their end.  If don't get a solution will be switching to another provider as this is the main way we use our internet and TV.

0 Likes
Streaming Device Issues
bpurs001
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone experienced any issues with streaming devices connecting to their Fios wifi? I have a Stream TV device that Verizon sent as a sign on gift or something. It worked fine for like 2 years then suddenly stopped connecting to my wifi. After many calls, nobody was able to help me and I finally found a solution on Youtube. Once I had the thing connected to my wifi again, none of the apps were working. For example, I can log into HBO Max, trailers will play before the movie begins, but then the movie just buffers and does not play. This is happening on every single streaming app. The apps are clearly connected to the network, but when you try to play anything, it will not play. Now I figured maybe it's the Stream TV device so I went out and bought a Firestick. Same issue is happening with the Firestick. The device is only about a foot away from my router so it's not that. I can stream any app on my iPad connected to the exact same wifi with no problems. Now the weird thing is, when I connect to my phone's hotspot using my cellular data, everything is working. It seems like something is not connecting properly between my router to my TV and to these streaming devices. I have called Verizon probably 10 times now speaking to different people each time. They finally sent me a replacement router which did not help anything. I have factory reset every thing you can think of, tried on different TV's, updated every device to the current software. 

0 Likes
bpurs001
Enthusiast - Level 2

THANK YOU. After 3 months of going back and forth with Verizon, buying a brand new Firestick, and telling them over and over it HAD to be a setting on my router but I wasn't sure which, this was the solution.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed. Please feel free to open a new thread for further discussion. Thank you.

0 Likes