Changing wiring
davidmoz

One of my TV's doesn't show all the channels that should be available to me (and occasionally it stops working at all for a day or two), and the problem is apperently because of the old cable wiring in the house.  I don't have a maintenance plan that covers rewiring.  I have a Verizon technician coming on Monday to check this out.  The cable in question is really just a few feet in length and is in the wall.  How much would Verizon charge me (approximately) for replacing that cable?  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Changing wiring
jonjones1
Legend

@davidmozwrote:

One of my TV's doesn't show all the channels that should be available to me (and occasionally it stops working at all for a day or two), and the problem is apperently because of the old cable wiring in the house.  I don't have a maintenance plan that covers rewiring.  I have a Verizon technician coming on Monday to check this out.  The cable in question is really just a few feet in length and is in the wall.  How much would Verizon charge me (approximately) for replacing that cable?  Thanks.

Verizon techs do not fish through walls. However they may be able to simply split off from where the coaxial connects and run it through your baseboard or drill a hole or holes to get to that unit. However that is your decision.

you could hire and electrician to fish new coaxial to the location and remove the old.

again that is up to you.

0 Likes