Cisco CHS435 HD DVR MAC Address Question
Sigma1040
Enthusiast - Level 3

Should the Set-Top Box Listings on the My Verizon Services website show the "MCARD MAC" or the "STB RF MAC"?

On the back of my Cisco CHS435 HD DVR are two MAC addresses: one labeled "MCARD MAC" and one "STB RF MAC".  The website shows the address that matches the MCARD MAC and not the STB RF MAC.  I feel like this probably should not be.

I am having a few (minor, but annoying) problems with my DVR.  For one, I cannot control widgets through the My Verizon Services website.  Any widgets I add (like YouTube for example) do not show up on the box.  Also, I get an error message when I go to Menu-->Marketplace   or   Menu-->Games.  I get the error message "[VOD_206]".

I am not sure if this is all related.  I had FiOS installed exactly one week ago, and these items have never worked.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cisco CHS435 HD DVR MAC Address Question
Sigma1040
Enthusiast - Level 3

So my solution came today.  I had my Cisco box swapped out last week with a new Cisco box.  Same problems.  Today, I had a tech come out and swap the box out with a Motorolla box (QIP7232).  Unfortunately, he apparently did not deactivate my old Cisco box, so my VOD did not work.  Got off the phone a little while ago with tech support and VOD is up and working now.

The box does not show up as a DVR online though... So I seem to just keep trading one problem for another.

I've had FiOS for about 26 days now.  I've had three boxes, and spent just shy of four total hours on the phone with customer service over these/various issues.  I'm also not crazy about the fact that the woman on the phone asked if I received a receipt from the tech for the box that he took back with him (I did not...)

I've been pretty unhappy with all of this.  I have three days left to cancel my service without a fee, and if month number one is any indication of what months 2-24 are going to be like, I may just wind up doing so.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tom_VZ
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sigma1040

The My Verizon Services is correct the "MCARD MAC" will show up because the "MCARD" is used to communicate with Verizon for activation/deactivation, and other services you have on the box like IMG, Widgets, Packages,and VOD.

The widgets for youtube, and Games will need to be looked into on our end.

I have send you a PM with instructions on how we can work together on this, to see why your boxes are producing the error.

Hubrisnxs
Legend

also the cisco boxes don't have the latest img updates, so some widgets won't work because of that..  I think the cisco's might still be on 1.7 you may want to check that -   menu > settings > system info.

prisaz
Legend

I would be interested to know if anything is still on 1.7. I thought the Ciscos might already be on 1.9 and the code is being ported for Motorola. Interesting?

Please post more about the Cisco DVR. Where are you located?Smiley Surprised

0 Likes
Sigma1040
Enthusiast - Level 3

System Information:

Release:  1.6.2

Build Number:  1.23

Data Object Version Number:  01.23

Platform ID:  CHS 435HDC

Located in Western New York.

prisaz
Legend

@Sigma1040 wrote:

System Information:

Release:  1.6.2

Build Number:  1.23

Data Object Version Number:  01.23

Platform ID:  CHS 435HDC

Located in Western New York.

I believe 1.6.2 is not the same img software as for the Motorola boxes. How many tuners does your DVR have? Not to much information regarding those DVRs. Can you record 2 or 3 programs while watching a third?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

I am pretty sure a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away... that Motorola's were on 1.6.2 as well.

that is primarily the reason the cisco boxes aren't all that attractive to me - because you don't have a lot of functionality that you do with later releases. 

Caller id on TV for example,  MRDVR is questionable if it even works or will even try to work... youtube is probably out etc.....

I was pretty sure those were just in that small trial area of buffalo ny, so I am surprised anyone has them elsewhere.

prisaz
Legend

Yea the whole thing is making the Verizon DVRs less attractive to me. I still have my Tivo and I am looking to return the 7216 for a 7100 or a second Tivo. My worry is what happens when Verizon goes IP. Like ATT it is their boxes or nothing. A couple of years ago I think the went with super secrete Cisco just to put the squeeze on Motorola and to try them out because of the faster CPU and other features, Which seem to e lacking. I wonder if I can go from the HMDVR bundle deal to the HDSTB discount deal without billing screwing it up. Highly unlikely. It will probably take me months to get it fixed.

I didn't like the DVR with 1.7 and I should have known I would not like it with 1.8 or perhaps even 1.9. Whole home DVR is useless to me with two tuners in a box shared with 3-4 other STBs. I have conflicts with recording now as it is. If I really try to use the scheduling feature. I don't use it much now because of guide reliablity. I used the TiVO scheduler like mad. I think my daughter is going to get just a plain STB. Even with Verizon Multi Hub and 2 DVRs, what use is it if the guide data is wrong or does not get updated?

Sigma1040
Enthusiast - Level 3

@prisaz wrote:
I believe 1.6.2 is not the same img software as for the Motorola boxes. How many tuners does your DVR have? Not to much information regarding those DVRs. Can you record 2 or 3 programs while watching a third?

I can record two at a time, that is all.  I cannot watch a third program while two are recording.

Sigma1040
Enthusiast - Level 3

So my solution came today.  I had my Cisco box swapped out last week with a new Cisco box.  Same problems.  Today, I had a tech come out and swap the box out with a Motorolla box (QIP7232).  Unfortunately, he apparently did not deactivate my old Cisco box, so my VOD did not work.  Got off the phone a little while ago with tech support and VOD is up and working now.

The box does not show up as a DVR online though... So I seem to just keep trading one problem for another.

I've had FiOS for about 26 days now.  I've had three boxes, and spent just shy of four total hours on the phone with customer service over these/various issues.  I'm also not crazy about the fact that the woman on the phone asked if I received a receipt from the tech for the box that he took back with him (I did not...)

I've been pretty unhappy with all of this.  I have three days left to cancel my service without a fee, and if month number one is any indication of what months 2-24 are going to be like, I may just wind up doing so.

0 Likes