Closed Captioning
VFickes

Since receiving our FIOS TV update last week, we are having trouble with Closed Captioning.  Previously,

we could press the closed captioning button on the remote and flip through several choices along with a choice

to turn it off.  Since the update, when we press the Closed Captioning button if flips only between on and off and

Closed Captioning does not appear when 'on' is selected.

0 Likes
Re: Closed Captioning
Hubrisnxs
Legend
First try the auto correct feature.

Press menu / customer support / top support tools / faux fios tv issues = set top box auto correct.

If that didn't work then you may want to email videoclosedcaption@verizon.Com
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

They actually have been changing all the servers to do a simple on/off for CC button.   You can use options to change what channel CC uses.

This change was because most people only want one Language and other CC settings, and hated having to hit multiple times to switch off.

0 Likes
AmayaB
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried a live chat with a Verizon technician last night. After fumbling around for almost an hour I was told they had no more suggestions to fix and it would be addressed in a future update to FIOS. It never fixed the problem and my closed captioning does not work.

AmayaB
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks. I will check tonight when I get home. Will advise if it works.

0 Likes
EJRW
Contributor - Level 1

Asterisk (*) buton does not seem to work for this function on my 2500. I thought it used to, or maybe that's on the DVR. I might need to report that. 

0 Likes
Contributor - Level 1

As others have mentioned, Verizon changed the */CC button to only Enable / Disable captions.

If you need to make a setting change for what to captions to render, hit Options - Closed Captions - Settings.  Or, you could also go to Menu - Settings - Accessibility - Closed Captions.

2500s do not have closed caption support - you have to enable captions on the TV for that model.

EJRW
Contributor - Level 1

@0100010 wrote:

2500s do not have closed caption support - you have to enable captions on the TV for that model.

Thank you! 

0 Likes
neokplexian

Any resolution here?  I got this update on both of my STBs and I have the failure on one but not the other.  I've already  done the soft reset via the menu and hard reset via the plug with no luck.  The support pages suggest the problem is the connection between the TV and STB but it worked before the update and the other TV has the same setup (same make of TV and nearly the same model).

I tried chatting with Verzion but all I got was "so your closed captioning isn't working" after 5 minutes of waiting for a response.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is there to resolve?  They changed the */CC button to a simple on-off toggle.  Other CC options are in 'Options" or in the menu settings.  If CC is not working on one of the HD STB's, it may be your options need to change.  Also you may have to go the menu/customer support/Top Support Tolls/Fix FIOS TV issues.

0 Likes