Does Fios offer De La Hoya vs Pacquia Boxing Match
adc2003

Scrolled through guide and searched PPV events online and did not find the fight.  Hopefully, I just missed something.  Would be a shame if FIOS does not offer world championship boxing on PPV. 

Can someone shed some light on this.

0 Likes
Re: Does Fios offer De La Hoya vs Pacquia Boxing Match
psumatt1
Contributor - Level 2

Not only do they offer it, I actually had a STB message yesterday promoting it - and the ability to order it via the STB.

At least here in DE - it will be on Channel 1000, and in HD on 1001.

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1

MD, VA and DE will have the ability to place impulse orders via the remote and the ability to call ahead for phone orders.

anyone not in these states will have to most likely call in.

0 Likes
TheSanchez
Contributor - Level 2

Yes we will be offering the fight.  The upcoming PPV fight Oscar De La Hoya VS Manny Paquiao on Saturday Night 6PM PST (December 6, 2008) will be available in HD in only a few markets (VHO 4 (VA/MD), VHO5 (NY), VHO8 (PA/NJ/DE), VHO9 (VA), VHO9a (VA)). The rest of the nation will get this PPV event in Standard Definition. PA, NY and NJ will be able to impulse buy via remote on channels 1000 and 1001

TS

0 Likes
Alpha_G33k

I just found out that if you order this event from your STB it will only be available on that TV. However, if you call, it will be avail on all TVs. I had to escalate to a supervisor to make sure.

He also told me it is available in HD here (TX). Is that correct?

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1
not unless somethings changed this morning and we haven't received an email on it TX customers will not have it in HD
0 Likes
Fadeecg1

Called Verizon and they said that the De La Hoya fight will not be available in HD in North Jersey .... That's unbelievable... fiber optics this and fiber optics that ... Channel 1001 doesn't even show up on my guide.  Is it possible that it will be available before the fight on "channel 1001"  thus the "impulse purchase" statement?

0 Likes
adc2003

I called Verizon to order fight over the phone on Friday.  The guy told me the fight would be on channel 701.  This channel does not exist. Finally, I scrolled to the events channel (1000) this morning and was able to see the fight in the program guide starting at 5:30pm pst.  I went to record it and got a message that I need to purchase the fight first before I can record.  I purchased the fight over the phone yesterday.  Clearly there is a disconnect between a phone purchase and what is currently reflected in my stb.  I'm not taking any chances so I purchased the fight over using the stb (something I could not find earlier in the week). 

I just called Verizon to ask them not to charge me twice (phone and st purchase).  Billing was closed so the hopeless customer rep was unable to shed light on this or anythng else related to the fight.  According to online forums, many people around the country will have to call in to get the fight.  The person I ordered fight over phone (on friday) said they expected 23,000 purchases for this fight.  Today's customer rep had no clue how a person that wants to order the fight and needs to do it over phone could carry this out.  He said billing is closed and they are only ones that can order fights for customers.

I'm pretty comfortable that I'm locked in to get the fight tonight, but I can't help feeling frustrated and confused about the lack of preparation exhibited by customer service reps whose job is to simply know the services that their company offers.  Fios, please hurry and enable customers to order PPV events from box and rid usfrom having to rely on customer reps for solutions.

0 Likes
Socomwiz
Enthusiast - Level 1
I'm in the same boat, CA though. I asked the verizon rep specifically for HD and told her that verizon has told me in the past that a fight (hatton v. mayweather) would be in HD, it was not. She told me that the fight would be on channel 701 and in HD. It is now 6:30 PST, There is no channel 701 or 1001 to view PPV in HD. I'm getting on the phone now this is just wrong Verizon.
Message Edited by Socomwiz on 12-06-2008 05:40 PM
 I did get through after 30mins but I wanted to post that they confirmed that HD isn't avaliable but in some of the east coast states as found in the other threads.He offered for me to call billing after I get my bill to have them give me partial credit, how much he did not say. So I agreed but I had him add a note to my account so I don't have to explain again to some other rep. Verizon really needs to put this kind of information out there for all to see. I want to know whats out there and what is coming. We shouldn't have to snoop around like detectives to see when channels we pay for are going to be avaliable.
Message Edited by Socomwiz on 12-06-2008 06:06 PM
0 Likes
catbertz

Totally agree. My house has decided not to order, just because it's in SD.

We hardly ever watch HD anymore, and we sure as hell won't watch a $60 dollar event in SD {please keep your posts courteous} .

Will this likely be shown in HD on HBO later this week?

Message Edited by catbertz on 12-06-2008 06:13 PM
Message Edited by KaLin on 12-06-2008 08:17 PM
0 Likes