DVR box connected to Multi-Room DVR malfunctioning...
halftheproblem

I have a stand alone DVR box which connects to my multi-room DVR that is automatically resetting. All the recordings disappear and it loses connectivity with the multi-room. This has happened a handful of times now and we'd normally go thru the fix found in the DVR menu. Once the boxes reset, the issue seemed to correct itself...for the time being. As soon as the DVR box spontaneously reset itself again, the DVR menu was once again blank of recordings and no longer existed on the multi-room menu. This time, I cannot get the DVR menu Fix reset to help. I've tried unplugging the box and resetting and that has not helped. I've tried going thru the website to reset the box and that has not helped.

After Live Chat, it seems that my DVR is malfunctioning and the DVR will have to be replaced. The recordings are all lost. I'm really not happy about paying and depending on a service to have it fail. I guess I just don't get why all the other times the fix worked and then all the sudden it didn't. It's just frustrating.

0 Likes
Re: DVR box connected to Multi-Room DVR malfunctioning...
halftheproblem

And now to add insult to injury...my replacement DVR isn't a DVR at all...I'm receiving a STB. Beyond angry. I can't email or call Verizon because everytime I click on the link to do so, all it does is ask me to enter my zip and then it kicks me right back to the contact us page for me to choose how I want to contact them. Oh and Live Chat is down. UGH!

0 Likes