Dvr Issue
Ron424

I just received a new set top box and after installation I lost all my saved programs.  I have rebooted several times but the programs are still not available DVR is empty!  Is there a way to get them back?  Last time I had to install a new box they came back automatically.  What am I missing.  Appreciate any help.

0 Likes
Re: Dvr Issue
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Ron424 wrote:

I just received a new set top box and after installation I lost all my saved programs.  I have rebooted several times but the programs are still not available DVR is empty!  Is there a way to get them back?  Last time I had to install a new box they came back automatically.  What am I missing.  Appreciate any help.

I don't think saved programs can transfer from one DVR to another. Only favorites and some settings can be imported. Did you export your series info to the cloud before swapping boxes? Menu>dvr>configure & upgrade>save series info to cloud?

0 Likes
Ron424

Thanks for the reply.  The answer is NO I did not transfer anything.  So - they are just lost!  I’ll remember that next time I have to install a new box.  Thanks again!  Also, I couldn’t have gone through that procedure because my box wouldn’t work, period.  That’s why I had to get a new box.

0 Likes
Skizzie11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, I am sorry to tell you this...No recorded shows transfer from your old dvr, even if you “saved” anything to the Worthless FIOS cloud. I had a fit last year when my box died and they sent me a new one so I called them to find out how to get it transferred before I sent the old box back and they said “WE CANNOT DO THAT”. So first of all, why didn’t they tell me that on the phone in the beginning?!? Second of all, how can they not be able do that?!? What year are we living in that they cannot find a way to transfer it from one to the other! I HATE FIOS!

0 Likes