Ever since 1.7, my box shuts off and turns on over and over unless I am using it!!
philhu
Contributor - Level 2

It keeps rebooting, but if I go to it on my TV, it has the 'Turn tv off or hit menu button to use cable box' message.  If I hit menu, it works just fine.  Then an hour later or so, this starts up again.

I really don't care, except it turns a relay on and off constantly and the box is in the bedroom, so all night long I here the click on and click off of the relay.

Anyone else notice this?

0 Likes
Re: Ever since 1.7, my box shuts off and turns on over and over unless I am using it!!
Hubrisnxs
Legend

is it by chance a 2500 - 3? 

the model number ?     dslreports has a post from a number of users, and that seems to be a common factor for them?

0 Likes
Re: Ever since 1.7, my box shuts off and turns on over and over unless I am using it!!
philhu
Contributor - Level 2

I'll check, but I think it is a 6xxx box

What I think is happenning is that the STB 'sees' the HDMI connection going down.  I switch to another 'device' on the TV

The problem is that this standby also kills the component output.

Never happens if the TV stays on the STB.  But it thinks you stopped watching so it times out and goes to the 'press menu' to watch tv' message.

In my case, it keeps resetting  (blank front screen, 8888, then channel number), so the relay clicks as it goes on and goes off are very annoying.

0 Likes