Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Extending stop time on DVR

fivekv
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Extending stop time on DVR

Message 1 of 8
(6,461 Views)
Is there a way to extend the stop time for a show you want to record that is not a series? Say I want to record the rest of a sporting event I am watching. I usually like to extend the stop time to insure I get the whole game plus overtime if necessary. The only place I see options to extend recording time is in the series options and I don't want to records sports as a series. Any suggestions?
7 REPLIES 7
Provider7
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Re: Extending stop time on DVR

Message 2 of 8
(6,440 Views)
Simply record it as a series with the extended time.  Once the sporting event is recorded, cancel the series.
matcarl
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Message 3 of 8
(6,423 Views)
Since you are not getting any right answers, I'll answer you. After you set up the recording, go to the DVR menu, select that show, hit OK, and it will give you a few options, one is to extend the start/stop times.
fivekv
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 4 of 8
(6,374 Views)
Thanks for the quick answers guys. Very much appreciated. Tried the second suggestion and when I selected the show in the DVR menu and pressed ok, I got only 3 options.......Play, Stop Recording and Program Information. I guess the only way is to go Menu......DVR......Create Recording........Manual Recording. There you can set Start Date, Start Time, End Time or as suggested in the first reply, record with Series Options and then later delete the Series Recordings. Seems there should be an easier way. Thanks Again.
matcarl
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Message 5 of 8
(6,354 Views)
You're recording must have already been in progress. You can do it the way I stated before it starts to record.
Message Edited by matcarl on 12-30-2008 06:10 PM
fivekv
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 6 of 8
(6,338 Views)
Yea, you're right.......The recording had already started.......I appreciate your quick response..Thank you
speedo123
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 7 of 8
(6,306 Views)

@matcarl wrote:
You're recording must have already been in progress. You can do it the way I stated before it starts to record.
Message Edited by matcarl on 12-30-2008 06:10 PM

Thanks matcal for this bit of info.  I had wondered why the option to extend the end time was not always there.  (Pretty obvious once you know!)

fivekv
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 8 of 8
(6,249 Views)
Same question, different application............is there any way of extending the stop time of a recording when you schedule it from your web browser on the internet? I guess you could just schedule the following program to record also.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title