Extending stop time on DVR
fivekv
Is there a way to extend the stop time for a show you want to record that is not a series? Say I want to record the rest of a sporting event I am watching. I usually like to extend the stop time to insure I get the whole game plus overtime if necessary. The only place I see options to extend recording time is in the series options and I don't want to records sports as a series. Any suggestions?
0 Likes
Re: Extending stop time on DVR
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3
Simply record it as a series with the extended time.  Once the sporting event is recorded, cancel the series.
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Since you are not getting any right answers, I'll answer you. After you set up the recording, go to the DVR menu, select that show, hit OK, and it will give you a few options, one is to extend the start/stop times.
0 Likes
fivekv
Thanks for the quick answers guys. Very much appreciated. Tried the second suggestion and when I selected the show in the DVR menu and pressed ok, I got only 3 options.......Play, Stop Recording and Program Information. I guess the only way is to go Menu......DVR......Create Recording........Manual Recording. There you can set Start Date, Start Time, End Time or as suggested in the first reply, record with Series Options and then later delete the Series Recordings. Seems there should be an easier way. Thanks Again.
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
You're recording must have already been in progress. You can do it the way I stated before it starts to record.
Message Edited by matcarl on 12-30-2008 06:10 PM
0 Likes
fivekv
Yea, you're right.......The recording had already started.......I appreciate your quick response..Thank you
0 Likes
speedo123
Contributor - Level 1

@matcarl wrote:
You're recording must have already been in progress. You can do it the way I stated before it starts to record.
Message Edited by matcarl on 12-30-2008 06:10 PM

Thanks matcal for this bit of info.  I had wondered why the option to extend the end time was not always there.  (Pretty obvious once you know!)

0 Likes
fivekv
Same question, different application............is there any way of extending the stop time of a recording when you schedule it from your web browser on the internet? I guess you could just schedule the following program to record also.
0 Likes