Fios app error message
rnemtb

Good morning, 

for days now I get the following error message on my iPad using the Fios App.

9-6-26-653-022 unable to connect to media server.

the app has been updated. I have also removed and reinstalled the app with no luck. I have also filed a report with Verizon.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios app error message
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@rnemtb wrote:

Good morning, 

the app has been updated. I have also removed and reinstalled the app with no luck. I have also filed a report with Verizon.

Have you tried removing power to the VMS box, and the router, then powering back up the two devices after at least 3 minutes? Power up the router first and let it establish a good connection, then plug power back in on the VMS and let it restore. There was a problem between the Fios app and a recent Apple update that was reported, which may also be the problem here.

View solution in original post

Re: Fios app error message
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@rnemtb wrote:

Good morning, 

Have you tried removing power to the VMS box, and the router, then powering back up the two devices after at least 3 minutes? Power up the router first and let it establish a good connection, then plug power back in on the VMS and let it restore. There was a problem between the Fios app and a recent Apple update that was reported, which may also be the problem here.