Fios Mobile App Not Working After iOS 11 Upgrade
Inquiring-Mind
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently upgraded to iOS 11 now my Fios Mobile App isn’t working. It crashes after trying to load and I am not happy. Called Verizon, was on the phone for an hour doing the same things over and over again to resolve the issue to the point I had to end the call. I am frustrated because I am paying for a service I can, Now, no longer utilize. Is anyone else having this issue? Who fixes the bug... Apple or Verizon? And how long will I be unable to use my mobile service. All other Apps works. Please Help! Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios Mobile App Not Working After iOS 11 Upgrade
blite1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Support had me go to Settings, General, Reset (at bottom of General options), then Reset Network Connections.

Had to re-enter p/w to get WiFi back up, but fix seems to have worked on both iPhone and iPad.

View solution in original post

macvin

Experiencing same problem!!!

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you get in to app long enough to report issue under help?

Or does it crash on startup?

0 Likes
blite1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue after downloading ios 11.o.2. Fios Mobile app for TV starts and then stops after minute or two on both iPhone and iPad. Pop-up window invites me to retry or send email, which I've done three times. What I assume is an automatic reply suggests I close and re-open app, which I've done sev times; have also deleted and downloaded app from Apple Store again. Any help in this group, 'cuz I'm getting nothing from Verizon.

0 Likes
Inquiring-Mind
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry to hear of your trouble. Unfortunately I have to inform you that it took 2.5 weeks to resolve my issue. I called Verizon FIOS every other day until I got someone who Actually knew what to do. All reps incl supervisors kept telling me to do the same things which weren’t working. I will say it is very much a result of the upgrade. There were agreements that had to be verified on Verizon’s part but someone dropped the ball. The agreements were necessary to allow communication between Apple’s new upgrade. The service tech had to uninstall all of my mobile devices from the set top box and reload them so the two could communicate with the new upgrades. It was Hell! I wish you well, STAY ON THEM!

0 Likes
blite1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Support had me go to Settings, General, Reset (at bottom of General options), then Reset Network Connections.

Had to re-enter p/w to get WiFi back up, but fix seems to have worked on both iPhone and iPad.

Inquiring-Mind
Enthusiast - Level 1

No I could not. The only way I could get into the help is if I turned my WiFi off and used me cell data. 

0 Likes
Inquiring-Mind
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, it appears everything has to be uninstalled and reinstalled from the Set Top box NOT the App which initially is the info they kept giving me. Also turning the router on and off had Nothing to do with it, another Repeat they had me on before someone figured it out. I had no idea the Set Top box had that many functions. They really should make a Set Top box troubleshooting manual for all subscribers. 

0 Likes
Inquiring-Mind
Enthusiast - Level 1

Uninstalled and Reinstalled mobile devices from Set Top box.

Settings, System, Mobile Devices, Remove Devices (must do this individually) 

NEXT - Menu, DVR, Configure & Upgrade, Export Series to Cloud

Go back to Settings to Activate Devices. This should work it was the ONLY thing that worked for me. 

0 Likes
FIOS App on iPad
blite1
Enthusiast - Level 2

About 10 days ago, FIOS app stopped working on either of my iPads and iPad; running ios 9.3.5. Opens for 5-10 seconds OK, but screen freezes and then goes dark with following message; "There was a problem connecting to the network. Pls check your network connection and try again."

Re-booted the iPads, deleted and reloaded the app, and asked Apple Support, which said it doesn't think it's on their end.

Verizon Support had me go to Settings/General/Reset Network Connections, which worked for the iPhone, but not iPads. Anyone else have this issue and a fix?

0 Likes