Re: FiOS Mobile Remote for Android
jonstrong1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Very disappointing indeed. FIOS Mobile Remote is virtually worthless on my Nexus 10 and the two Nexus 7 tablets in our home -- and this has been the situation for several months.

It would be nice if we could have a real dialog with anyone in software support at Verizon -- I'm certain that at least a few of us would even be happy to participate in Beta tests of any new app versions they come up with.

Please don't leave us in the dark!

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Thank You for Your Interest in Verizon Products

People

Welcome to the Verizon Products Trial Program!

You can sign up here.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

Thank You for Your Interest in Verizon Products

People

Welcome to the Verizon Products Trial Program!

You can sign up here.

There are no beta programs for the Android apps which is what @jonstrong offered.  The only current program listed is the FiOS TV Online trial, which is way old since it's in production and has been for quite awhile.

I just communicated with Verizon support via twitter DM and they have no ETA and when the updated app will be released.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

They just released an update in the Google Play store.  The remote function now works but the DVR management functions do not because the login process still does not.  Even though you enter you correct user name and password you get prompted to enter both of them.  They are never recognized so you can not manage your DVR.   UGH!

0 Likes
flash1621
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry you had trouble.  I accepted the update on my Nexus 7 and am now able to login.  I can use all the DVR functions including seeing the guide and scheduling recordings.

0 Likes
pgc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Engineers/programmers still working on it from January 24th.  Do you really care that the FIOS mobile app stops working all the time?

0 Likes
bacani

Why can do I have to be on Verizon Wi-Fi network in order to use Remote? Remote function is useless unless I can access via 3G or 4G network.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@bacani wrote:

Why can do I have to be on Verizon Wi-Fi network in order to use Remote? Remote function is useless unless I can access via 3G or 4G network.

I have no idea why one would want to access their home STB on anything but WiFi.  

0 Likes