Fios One 4K Video and Sound Problems
naudurivsm
Enthusiast - Level 1

I do have Fios One TV box from 2019. Few weeks back I bought sNew Sony 4K X900H, UHD TV and unable to get proper audio. Unable to get 4k Video ( may be I am not seeing any content yet). Have fios ultimate TV too. So there should be some channels with 4k content.  Forget it.  the audio was dismal too.
The default Tv audio itself was better on youtube, disney plus etc. i had the digital audio cable plugged but no improvement. 

I then got the Sony HT-ST5000 7.12 channel sound bar and sub woofer to compliment My TV and hoping the audio / video issues would be resolved.  In fact more audio issues now. It loses connection every now and then. 

but as others have mentioned, switching between streaming apps with throw off Fios TV, as it cant get signal.  

So, as a remedy, i thought it may be the HDMI cable and  I just ordered 8k compatible cables ensuring that they do support HDCP 2.2.  Will know tomorrow after I receive the new cables and how they perform. 

if interested stay tuned... 

0 Likes
Re: Fios One 4K Video and Sound Problems
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@naudurivsm wrote:

I do have Fios One TV box from 2019. Few weeks back I bought sNew Sony 4K X900H, UHD TV and unable to get proper audio. Unable to get 4k Video ( may be I am not seeing any content yet). Have fios ultimate TV too. So there should be some channels with 4k content.  Forget it.  the audio was dismal too.
The default Tv audio itself was better on youtube, disney plus etc. i had the digital audio cable plugged but no improvement. 

I then got the Sony HT-ST5000 7.12 channel sound bar and sub woofer to compliment My TV and hoping the audio / video issues would be resolved.  In fact more audio issues now. It loses connection every now and then. 

but as others have mentioned, switching between streaming apps with throw off Fios TV, as it cant get signal.  

So, as a remedy, i thought it may be the HDMI cable and  I just ordered 8k compatible cables ensuring that they do support HDCP 2.2.  Will know tomorrow after I receive the new cables and how they perform. 

if interested stay tuned... 

Please tell which input you have the Fios box going into the TV. It must be one of the 4K HDR capable inputs, not all are compatible. The TV must have Enhanced selected for the video input the Fios box is connected to. You may also have to go into the Fios box menu and make sure surround is chosen for the audio output. What resolution is the Sony showing for the Fios box? Should be 4K for now as there is no passthrough option yet. I have a Sony X900G, very similar to yours and no issues.

0 Likes
naudurivsm
Enthusiast - Level 1

@clem53.  Thanks, my issues seem to be resolved for now. As further testing is in progress.

The setups are all correct as you mentioned.
The connections are:

1. TV eARC to Sound bar ARC
2. TV HDMI 1 to Fios TV One cable box
3. Tostlink - Digital out from TV to Sound bar

I think the main reason the issues are resolved is:

A.  I contacted Verizon tech support and they after testing connections and signals realized that 4k signals to my Fios TV One box were not right. They fixed those issues remotely.
B. My new HDMI cables (8k Ultra HD , hdmi 2.1 and hdcp 2.2 supported ). I mean 4k would have been sufficient but I wanted to be future proof with 8k. 

But I am not able to get it to work, if I connect my Fios TV One box to the Sound Bar as the setup guide says. 

Well at least I got to see and enjoy much better picture quality and sound now. It is a clear distinction from my previous setup with old hdmi cables. 

I have tested the 4K and all the Dolby features via you tube and disney plus movies and say it is just brilliant and stunning!

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@naudurivsm wrote:

@clem53.  Thanks, my issues seem to be resolved for now. As further testing is in progress.

The setups are all correct as you mentioned.
The connections are:

1. TV eARC to Sound bar ARC
2. TV HDMI 1 to Fios TV One cable box
3. Tostlink - Digital out from TV to Sound bar

I think the main reason the issues are resolved is:

A.  I contacted Verizon tech support and they after testing connections and signals realized that 4k signals to my Fios TV One box were not right. They fixed those issues remotely.
B. My new HDMI cables (8k Ultra HD , hdmi 2.1 and hdcp 2.2 supported ). I mean 4k would have been sufficient but I wanted to be future proof with 8k. 

But I am not able to get it to work, if I connect my Fios TV One box to the Sound Bar as the setup guide says. 

Well at least I got to see and enjoy much better picture quality and sound now. It is a clear distinction from my previous setup with old hdmi cables. 

I have tested the 4K and all the Dolby features via you tube and disney plus movies and say it is just brilliant and stunning!

If you go from the Fios box to the Soundbar then to TV, the Soundbar has to support both eARC and HDCP2.2. By going from the Box directly to the TV you eliminate that handshake issue. You should be fine the way you have it.

0 Likes