FiOs One Remote Issue
Chubby-Chase

I’m having a peculiar issue with my FiOs voice remote. 

My FiOs box is plugged into my Pioneer receiver, the receiver then feeds all of my devices, including my Samsung TV. 

when I installed the new box and paired the remote, my receiver was on. The remote controls the volume via the receiver. However, when I turn off the receiver, the remote will not control the Samsung tv volume.

My tv is set up to send a signal to the receiver if the volume is changed on the tv using my Samsung remote, or even my fire tv remote and it works well. This allows me to change the volume if the receiver is off or on, sometimes I like to watch tv without surround.
To fix this, I attempted to repair the remote with the receiver off. The pairing process appears to work perfectly, it even controls the volume momentarily while pairing. However, when everything is complete, it will not change the volume on the tv. It will only work the volume if the receiver is on.

I’ve read several posts about pairing issues and followed the advice of many posts even though it didn’t specifically apply to my situation,  toning has worked thus far.
Does anyone have any solution or advice? 

0 Likes
Re: FiOs One Remote Issue
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Chubby-Chase wrote:

I’m having a peculiar issue with my FiOs voice remote. 

My FiOs box is plugged into my Pioneer receiver, the receiver then feeds all of my devices, including my Samsung TV. 

when I installed the new box and paired the remote, my receiver was on. The remote controls the volume via the receiver. However, when I turn off the receiver, the remote will not control the Samsung tv volume.

My tv is set up to send a signal to the receiver if the volume is changed on the tv using my Samsung remote, or even my fire tv remote and it works well. This allows me to change the volume if the receiver is off or on, sometimes I like to watch tv without surround.
To fix this, I attempted to repair the remote with the receiver off. The pairing process appears to work perfectly, it even controls the volume momentarily while pairing. However, when everything is complete, it will not change the volume on the tv. It will only work the volume if the receiver is on.

I’ve read several posts about pairing issues and followed the advice of many posts even though it didn’t specifically apply to my situation,  toning has worked thus far.
Does anyone have any solution or advice? 

Try turning off receiver again, unpair remote, setup remote and when asked what device controls volume say TV. Say ok at that point. reboot fios box. Check TV to see if remote controls TV volume, go into Fios menu and disable Video Input Control. Turn receiver back on and see if it works.

0 Likes
Chubby-Chase

Thank you for the speedy reply,

Unfortunately it didn't work, but its a little more complicated. The option you mentioned where it would ask which device to use wasn't an option. it seems that the Fios box is smart enough to know that its being fed through a receiver. However, I did perform the actions you described, just without that one choice. It did not work though and It's doing the exact same thing. I actually went a step further though. I removed the HDMI to tv and used a coupling to get a direct link to the tv, ultimately I bypassed the receiver. I then reprogrammed the remote and it worked. I then reconnected the receiver and low and behold, it went back to the same issue.. 

This is a tough one..

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Chubby-Chase wrote:

Thank you for the speedy reply,

Unfortunately it didn't work, but its a little more complicated. The option you mentioned where it would ask which device to use wasn't an option. it seems that the Fios box is smart enough to know that its being fed through a receiver. However, I did perform the actions you described, just without that one choice. It did not work though and It's doing the exact same thing. I actually went a step further though. I removed the HDMI to tv and used a coupling to get a direct link to the tv, ultimately I bypassed the receiver. I then reprogrammed the remote and it worked. I then reconnected the receiver and low and behold, it went back to the same issue.. 

This is a tough one..

Did you try disabling video input control on the Fios box?  Also try changing the CEC options on the receiver and the TV. There may be some combination that works.

0 Likes