Fios overrides Samsung smart TV
gramdmaJ

We recently upgraded to Fios One. One of our devices is an older Samsung smart TV. Now, regardless of whether Fios is on or off, Fios overrides the other apps on the TV. (If the box is off, I get sort of a "test pattern" of Fios stills.) I can't switch to the home screen. It takes five minutes of maneuvering to access, for example, a different HDMI cable, or Netflix. Neither the Fios remote nor the TV remote can switch to the TV home screen. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios overrides Samsung smart TV
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@gramdmaJ wrote:

We recently upgraded to Fios One. One of our devices is an older Samsung smart TV. Now, regardless of whether Fios is on or off, Fios overrides the other apps on the TV. (If the box is off, I get sort of a "test pattern" of Fios stills.) I can't switch to the home screen. It takes five minutes of maneuvering to access, for example, a different HDMI cable, or Netflix. Neither the Fios remote nor the TV remote can switch to the TV home screen. Any suggestions?

Did you set up the Fios remote with the correct programming for your TV? It could take several tries to get the right Samsung programming, as there are many options. Some will work the power and not the sound, some won't work the input select, etc. If it doesn't work the first time, try again. When you see the Fios slide show it means you turned the Fios box off. (it never really turns completely off) Try disabling TV input control, Main Menu > Settings > Audio & Video > Video Settings > TV Input Control.

View solution in original post

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@gramdmaJ wrote:

Did you set up the Fios remote with the correct programming for your TV? It could take several tries to get the right Samsung programming, as there are many options. Some will work the power and not the sound, some won't work the input select, etc. If it doesn't work the first time, try again. When you see the Fios slide show it means you turned the Fios box off. (it never really turns completely off) Try disabling TV input control, Main Menu > Settings > Audio & Video > Video Settings > TV Input Control.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed. Please feel free to open a new thread for further discussion. Thank you.

0 Likes