FiOS Quantum DVR recording list is wrong after DELETE
fossil1
Contributor - Level 1

I have FiOS Quantum with a VMS1100.

Software is APR-2.0, Build 04.27, UI Version 04.27, Middleware Version 04.27, Firmware Version KA15.09.16.07Alder.492205.

After deleting a recording the display of recordings is wrong.

Sometimes an existing recording appears twice.

Other times, an exisitng recording is missing.

Exiting the DVR list of recordings and then returning corrects the problem.

Until I discovered this, I would DELETE what appeared to be the duplicate - exiting the recording listing and returning showed it wasn't there at all.  Fortunately, I was able to RESTORE it.

The DVR listing after DELETE needs to be corrected.

0 Likes
Re: FiOS Quantum DVR recording list is wrong after DELETE
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have never seen this problem (nor seen anyone else post it).

Have you tried rebooting the box to see if reoccurs?

0 Likes
fossil1
Contributor - Level 1

CRob,

The VMS1100 has been rebooted - too many times!  I guess not everyone notices?  Or someone has to be first?  

I too hope someone posts a response worthy of kudos.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might have more then the typical number of programs recorded.  I check mine regularly and never have seen what you describede.  I do record just about everything I watch, but usually watch them before the week goes by, and immediately delete them after watching.

0 Likes
Hellenww
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have this happen when a new recording starts while I am watching a recording. Yep, it's annoying and needs to be fixed.

0 Likes
fossil1
Contributor - Level 1

TNS_2,

Thanks for reporting your problem-free experiences. Glad to know you're problem-free.  I'm jealous.  is a factor? Is there anything specific that makes you think the number of recorded programs? What would you think is the typical number of recorded programs the software supports without a problem? 2? 10? 50? I'm under 45% utilization.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

The reason I think large number of recordings Might be a problem, at least one person reported problems wih multiple page scrolling and items not showing up.  Obviously the more shows in a schedule and the more saved, the more chance that a mistake could be made when the box is trying to manage the list.  I don't know if it tries to do all this in memory or if it has to page this to the disk.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have 3+ pages of programs on my DVR.

When I delete, the deleted program disappears and the list pops up one.

I don't see any issues with the display list.

0 Likes