Fios Tv App - No Devices Found - Cast or mirroring to Roku
DSLMan

Hello Everyone,

I am having a problem trying to cast or mirror from my cell phone to a Roku 3 equipped  TV. 

I can play Fios TV shows on my Android (ver 8.1.0) cell phone and on my iPad mini (iOS 12.5.6). This works fine.  But as soon as I try to cast or mirror them to my Roku streaming device I get the following message: 

"No Devices Found. To play on your TV, your mobile device must be connected to your home Fios WiFi router". 

I only have one router, Ethernet connected to the ONT.  And I get the same message on both my cell phone and iPad.  The router is a MI424WR-GEN3I running 40.21.24.

All software is at its highest levels supported by the devices.  Fios Tv version 5.2.

Any thoughts? Thanks...

0 Likes
Re: Fios Tv App - No Devices Found - Cast or mirroring to Roku
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Off the top, I would replace the 424 router. It hasn't been receiving any sort of security or performance updates from Verizon or Actiontec for quite a while.

DSLMan

Thanks,  The 424 router is as old as dirt... But it is a workhorse... It just keeps on running...

I was hoping that was not the fix.

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

It may not necessarily be the cause. It was just an observation. 🙂

I don't subscribe to streaming services, so I can't say if the 424 is the cause or not. 🤔

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@dexman wrote:

It may not necessarily be the cause. It was just an observation. 🙂

I don't subscribe to streaming services, so I can't say if the 424 is the cause or not. 🤔

I believe the Roku has to be registered on the home network as a streaming device before you can cast to it. I'd reset the Roku and see if it asks for authorization when it reboots. If that doesn't help, try calling billing, explain the problem and have them re-authorize your account for streaming.

DSLMan

Thanks... I wonder where roku has to be registered? On the Roku, Verizon router, or Verizon account. I can cast to roku from a youtube app... just not the verizon app.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@cableboy wrote:

Thanks... I wonder where roku has to be registered? On the Roku, Verizon router, or Verizon account. I can cast to roku from a youtube app... just not the verizon app.

I'm not sure of the exact procedure, but it has to get connected at home, on the home network to be recognized as a registered streaming device. That's why I suggested you call billing to see if they could add it to your account.

DSLMan

Thank you all.

i will call Verizon and see what is required to fix this problem.

i am also looking at replacing my very old router with a G1100. Still old but better than my antique I am using now.

i am still open for other suggestions.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@cableboy wrote:

Thank you all.

i will call Verizon and see what is required to fix this problem.

i am also looking at replacing my very old router with a G1100. Still old but better than my antique I am using now.

i am still open for other suggestions.

You should look here for more info on streaming with your own devices:

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/streaming-device-connection/fios-tv-home-app

DSLMan

Thanks for that list... I went through it and I didn't see anything in there that could be the problem.  Looks like I am meeting the requirements. 

0 Likes