Fios TV can't access DVR/STB online
charmjlc

Whenever I try to access my set-top box or DVR in my MyVerizon account, I get a "Bad Gateway" error. What's up with that?

I have the FiOS TV Extreme HD package.

0 Likes
Re: Fios TV can't access DVR/STB online
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Did you get this corrected already? I have pulled up the DVR and the communications are going through now. Please let me know if everything is working ok now.

0 Likes
aykornb

i am having a similar problem - my account doesn't even acknowlege I have a dvr - keeps sending me to add one to my account.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Your DVR isn't processing it's daily registration.  I have remapped the DVR to the account. Now you can unplug the STB then when it comes back up got into the menu, scroll down to customer support, then self diagnostic and start it.  You should then see that listener 1 or 2 started.  Try accessing the DVR via the phone or web again.  If your still having an issue go back to menu to setting to remote DVR then web access.  Here you should have the option to disable. Disable the remote DVR and then enable it again and test for access.  If at this point it still isn't working send me a private message letting me know.

0 Likes
RobbyC1

I am having trouble accessing my DVR from the web and mobile apps. The system says my DVR isn't responding.

It works intermitently and resetting the DVR (power cycle) doesn't have any coorelating effect. If I get the error, I will reset the DVR and router (which doesn't solve the problem) then leave it for a few days. When I come back to the web interface soemtimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Based on the comments by the Verizon employee above, I wonder if the DVR isn't registered in Verizon's system properly?

Thanks for any help.

0 Likes