Fios TV constantly freezes, goes to black screen
warnerl1

Fios TV freezes, then goes to black screen; can't access that channel although others are available. Turn STB off, back on, still can't access channel I was on. Have to reboot - happens several times a day. Connections to ONT - Router - STB all fine. What is going on? Had to replace previous STB when On Demand would freeze/cut out constantly, now it's regular cable cutting out. Occasionally STB won't even turn on, have to unplug to reboot.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios TV constantly freezes, goes to black screen
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the ONT and STBs are fine, my next point of focus would be coaxial cabling. Are there any unterminated ports on splitters? Are the connectors in good condition and secure?

View solution in original post

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the ONT and STBs are fine, my next point of focus would be coaxial cabling. Are there any unterminated ports on splitters? Are the connectors in good condition and secure?

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@warnerl1 wrote:

Fios TV freezes, then goes to black screen; can't access that channel although others are available. Turn STB off, back on, still can't access channel I was on. Have to reboot - happens several times a day. Connections to ONT - Router - STB all fine. What is going on? Had to replace previous STB when On Demand would freeze/cut out constantly, now it's regular cable cutting out. Occasionally STB won't even turn on, have to unplug to reboot.

You checked all connections and splitters, right? Do the connection check again as dexman said, If no joy, power-cycle the ONT. If that doesn't help, hate to say but it sounds like you may have either a bad box AGAIN, or a bad power supply this time. Could also be an ONT issue. Next time a channel drops go to: Main Menu > Settings > System Information and look at the SNR Level and Value for that channel. They both should be good. Also OOB data should be good. If OOB is not, you may have a bad ONT.