Fios TV One Mini won't initialize after Router Upgrade
ronchalant
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had Fios TV and internet for years. Our setup the last few years has been:

1. Quantum router with the Fios TV One in the main area. Splitter on Coax, also Ethernet to Quantum from ONT and also from Router to Fios TV One

2. Fios TV One Mini in the master connected via Coax

The above worked fine, no issues.

Recently upgraded to G3100 router and added a 2nd Fios TV mini for another bedroom. This would also connect via Coax.

After just swapping out the G3100, connecting it up the same way as the Quantum, I cannot get the new Mini to connect.

Mini in the master bedroom continued to work initially, but resetting it yielded the same inability to establish a connection to the network. 

Fios TV app on my phone cannot connect to my STBs either with the G3100; it does if I swap back out the Quantum.

I've tried a factory reset on the brand new G3100, and resetting the ONT box.  No change.

Main TV seems fine, FWIW.

I have an appointment with Fios tech support calling me tomorrow, but if anybody else can shed some light it'd be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios TV One Mini won't initialize after Router Upgrade
ronchalant
Enthusiast - Level 2

After a day of wrestling with this issue, and only minutes after I posted this plea for help, I found the issue: my 6200 network extender is not compatible with the G3100 apparently.

I discovered this reading through some of the G3100 related threads under the Fios Internet forum. Unplugged that device, and immediately the Minis all started to initialize.

You'd think Verizon would have some kind of compatibility check on this. They know I have the extender. 

Guess I'm also ordering the new extender now too... 

View solution in original post

ronchalant
Enthusiast - Level 2

After a day of wrestling with this issue, and only minutes after I posted this plea for help, I found the issue: my 6200 network extender is not compatible with the G3100 apparently.

I discovered this reading through some of the G3100 related threads under the Fios Internet forum. Unplugged that device, and immediately the Minis all started to initialize.

You'd think Verizon would have some kind of compatibility check on this. They know I have the extender. 

Guess I'm also ordering the new extender now too... 

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unless I am misunderstanding the post there shouldn't be ethernet connected from the Quantum router to the FIOS TV One main server. Only coax should be connected to the server. It gets data from the MoCA connection on the coax.

ronchalant
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wasn't sure if it was necessary or not. It doesn't seem to hurt anything, but you're probably right that it doesn't need both.

I think it was actually unplugged prior to all this, but only because the latch clip was broken off and it slipped out. 

VGS2

This was not solved. That is an untruth. I was sent to Tech support and am 39th in line. 

0 Likes