Re: FiOS TV One VMS4100 Audio Pass Through Only Passing 5.1 Channels
Bwangster12

If I don't care about having the Wii audio coming out of the Logitech speakers, can I just leave the Wii component cables plugged into the TV and have the TV speakers output the Wii audio?

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ari2419 wrote:

If I don't care about having the Wii audio coming out of the Logitech speakers, can I just leave the Wii component cables plugged into the TV and have the TV speakers output the Wii audio?

Yep, as long as you run a pair of audio cables to the TV from the Wii and have them go to the Component input too.

Bwangster12

That's how I have it connected now, but the Wii audio does come through the Logitech speakers.  I assume that's because I have the optical cable going from the tv to the Logitech speakers? I take it once I get the adapter, and move the optical cable going from the adapter to the Logitech speakers that won't work. 

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ari2419 wrote:

That's how I have it connected now, but the Wii audio does come through the Logitech speakers.  I assume that's because I have the optical cable going from the tv to the Logitech speakers? I take it once I get the adapter, and move the optical cable going from the adapter to the Logitech speakers that won't work. 

Get another optical cable when you buy the adapter. The Logitech will accept 2 optical ins, so you have one coming from the adapter, the other from the TV which sends audio from the Wii through the TV the way it is now. You choose audio source on the front panel or remote of the Logitech box.

Bwangster12

You're right... just ordered one.  

Really appreciate your help.  While some of this seems basic, talking through it helps a lot.  Thanks!

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ari2419 wrote:

You're right... just ordered one.  

Really appreciate your help.  While some of this seems basic, talking through it helps a lot.  Thanks!

Just took another look at the box you ordered, you may run into an HDCP issue. The Fios boxes usually need to see HDCP2.2, the box you ordered specifically states NOT 2.2 compatible. I'm not sure but if you set the FIOS box up to ONLY output 1080i, you may be ok. Just don't be too surprised if you don't get video out of the box. Just a heads up, a bit late. Or it just might work as we hoped! If not, this should work:

https://www.amazon.com/NEWCARE-Extractor-Converter-Optical-Adapter/dp/B083DDGGZ4/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1...

Bwangster12

So, I'll know I have an HDCP issue if I don't have a tv picture?

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ari2419 wrote:

So, I'll know I have an HDCP issue if I don't have a tv picture?

If you first set the Fios box to 1080i, and then connect the converter box you have a good chance of having it work. If you get no picture after hooking up the Fios box through the converter, you probably have an HDCP issue and have to get a different converter box. Not necessarily going to happen, just a heads up.

Bwangster12

Alright,  well... it's from Amazon, so not a big deal if I need to buy a different box.

0 Likes
Bwangster12

Just was re-reading the info for the product I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XBSGFDG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It says...

If your source device is 4K@60hz(HDMI 2.0 and HDCP2.2),please set up the resolution to 4K@30hz or 1080p@60hz to use this HDMI audio extractor.

How to set the resolution to fit our HDMI audio extractor:

a). Connect your "4k@60hz HDMI 2.0 input device" directly to the TV

b). Then go to "setting-picture-resolution(choose "Auto")-then go to "HDMI Color Fomat"(choose "Auto")

So it looks like I can leave it on 1080p in the Fios video settings?

0 Likes