FIOS TV REPEATEDLY LOSES AUDIO ON SOME HD CHANNELS
rkogers

MY 2 FIOS TVS TOTALLY AND REPEATEDLY LOSE AUDIO ON SOME HD CHANNELS.   ONE VERIZON TECHNICIAN RESET MY 2 SET TOP BOXES.  THAT SOLVED THE IMMEDIATE PROBLEM BUT IT WAS ONLY A TEMPORARY FIX.  ANOTHER TECHNICIAN ADVISED ME TO UNPLUG THE SET TOP BOX FOR 30 SECONDS.  AGAIN THAT SOLV ED THE IMMEDIATE PROBLEM BUT IT HAPPENED AGAIN WHEN I CHANGED TO OTHER HD CHANNELS.  ANOTHER TECHNICIAN SAID A RECENT VERIZON SET TOP BOX FIX SOLVED SOME PROBLEMS BUT CREATED OTHERS LIKE MY AUDIO PROBLEMS ON SOME HD CHANNELS.  HE OFFERED TO MAIL NEW CABLES TO BYPASS HDMI.  BUT I AM PAYING FOR HDMI AND WANT TO USE IT.  HAS ANYONE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THEIR SET TOP BOXES AND GOTTEN VERIZON TO SUCCESSFULLY FIX IT?  IF SO HOW?   I AM SICK OF UNPLUGGING AND REBOOTING EVERY TIME I CHANGE CHANNELS TO ANOTHER HD STATION.  I AM CONSIDERING GOING BACK TO COMCAST

0 Likes
Re: FIOS TV REPEATEDLY LOSES AUDIO ON SOME HD CHANNELS
ConcernedUser
Enthusiast - Level 2
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

just a question for you. Why do you want to use HDMI? What benefit do you get?  I'm not trying to be facetious. I'm truely interested. I've asked this of many people and cant get an answer.

Many people say, "I'm paying for HDMI". No your not. Your paying for HD programming. Component cables do the same job and provide the same resolution. HDMI only makes a difference on BluRay. Makes no difference on Verizon. Again, I'm not trying to be critical or rude, I'm just interested in what it is about HDMI that everyone thinks they get something more with it. When you get the same performance and same quality with either method A or B, what difference does it make if you use one or the other?

ConcernedUser
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you use component cables, where is the image processing done?  Is it all on the STB or does your own TV do it?  A lot of these new TV's have pretty good processing, and it would be a shame to bypass all that.  

0 Likes