Fios TV
sosuzguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well I'm on my 4th DVR box.   Had this one for about a month.  Now occassionally when I turn on the TV there is only video No sound.  Then the video goes blank with a message the channel is currently unavailable and to call 866-962-1946.   enter quick code 8801.  I just tried calling that number and answered a few questions then the IVR disconnected me three times.

I am so sick of this - Do I have to throw this junky equipment in the front yard?  I do not pay $160 a month for this kind of trouble.

0 Likes
Re: Fios TV
sosuzguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

After calling in yesterday when this problen occurred, the tech reset the box and it worked find. 

First thing this morning we turn on the DVR box and we get the same message.  Unhooking the electricity to the box and reconnecting it seems to fix it temporarily.

VERIZON tech's on the forum:  What do we need to do to fix this?

Thanks

0 Likes
sosuzguy
Enthusiast - Level 3
BTW - no this issue is not resolved although the icon shows it is.
0 Likes
VZ_Brian
Contributor - Level 2
Hi There.  Well, when you get the "currently unavailable" message on your TV, it usually indicates a weak or lost signal.  My first attack would be to have a look at your wiring/splitter situation.  Is there anyway to save yourself from dB loss by either eliminating unnecessary splitters or by using barrel connectors in place of a splitter? 
0 Likes
sosuzguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Everything is setup the way the Verizon technician installed it.

Just last night after watching TV for hours, the sound goes out, then evenutally the "channel unavailable" comes on.

0 Likes
Re: Fios TV (QUICK CODE)
sosuzguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well this problem is back again.  At this point I'm not sure what to do.  Maybe just cancel my service?

the video goes blank with a message the channel is currently unavailable and to call 866-962-1946.   enter quick code 8801. 

0 Likes