Fois 1 remote does not work volume or turn on/off the TV
Robertlew1

Just got my Fios 1 yesterday.  I installed it and it works fine except for the remote,it will not operate the volume or turn the TV on or off.  I tried the vaiable or fixed section on the Audio but it does not work.  I have to use the TV remote.  Any help?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fois 1 remote does not work volume or turn on/off the TV
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go to Menu > Settings > Voice Control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program Voice Remote > Manual Setup > Press ‘OK’ to select.

Select the TV brand and model and follow the steps.

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go to Menu > Settings > Voice Control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program Voice Remote > Manual Setup > Press ‘OK’ to select.

Select the TV brand and model and follow the steps.

Chipper14
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried many times on LG SMART 4K and DOES NOT WORK! Looks like lots of Verizon customers are having same problem.

FotoGuy
Enthusiast - Level 1

my remote does work with volume on my Sony 65" XBR65X950G LED TV

tried all Verizon Fios One options - sect tv brand, changing cods, select model number - called Verizon - they sent out a new remote - same issue - they sent out a new Fios One Box - Same Problem - anybody else?

0 Likes
Ronzoni1

Mine was working fine for months . Now it stop working on my Sony TV. I paired a new remote and it still doesn't work. This after I did a Sony software update. Need help

0 Likes
AKDC
Enthusiast - Level 1

same here... was working for months until two days ago... i can change channels and go to guide etc, but no volume... odd...

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could have something to do with recent firmware updates to either the TVs, or the Fios boxes. I'd wipe out the remote from the Fios box and start the process over again to see if it works. Powercycle the box before doing the fresh programming.  Also check to see if CEC is enabled, and try it disabled, or enabled what ever the opposite of what you have is.

AKDC
Enthusiast - Level 1

tried your suggestion, still not working... strange...

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Real longshot here, but try pulling the batteries out of the remote for 3 minutes, put them back in and see what happens. Also make sure you have line of sight to the tv.

Kylep1213

Mine was working fine but then the TV prompted me to re-sync. Ever since, the volume won’t work. I now have a new volume bar that doesn’t change the volume. They tried rebooting 3 times, resetting the remote, manual and auto set ups and still doesn’t work. 

0 Likes