Re: Fois 1 remote does not work volume or turn on/off the TV
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@GG2020 wrote:

Clem53 - this is not a good suggestion because we (myself and several of the posters) afte using ARC / eARC.  When we want the receiver on, adjusting the volume with the remote should then adjust the receiver via ARC.  So CEC is required to ensure that can occur.  It is only when the receiver is off that the TV volume should adjust with the remote. 

In any case, I spoke with a fantastic tech agent at Verizon.  They opened a case with IT and i mentioned all those in this post having the same issue.   We followed the same steps and have had success (2 days running) without remote/STB reprogramming itself.

Remove receiver > STB to TV hdmi > reset remote using onscreen menu > MANUALLY setup remote to your TV model (not auto setup - they think using Auto might have been the issue).  Once remote programmed, reconnect receiver with cable (FIOS input) as standby passthrough.  Fios remote now controls TV volume when receiver off, and controls receiver volume (via TV-ARC) when it's on.

Never ran into that because i have my receiver on all the time I watch TV. If that worked and doesn't auto re-program, it's a great way of doing the programming. Only downside is ARC is flakey on occasion with some devices.

Skyraider1
Enthusiast - Level 1

January 18, 2021.

Looks like we’ve all been here. My TV is a SAMSUNG.  Volume Up and Down, Mute and TV On/Off stopped working.  It helps to know that the ‘Play’ button is immediately below the blue DVD button.  No label.

With the TV On and a FIOS show on the screen, here are the steps:

• Press OK and Fios TV buttons at the same time for two seconds and let go.  Remote red light will blink and then stay on.
  • This next step is tricky because things happen fast.  Poise your finger over the ‘Play’button.
  • While watching the screen, press –AND HOLD- this until the TV turns Off then release immediately!  Mine must have been first on the list and I was late.  Returned to the TV On and a show on the screen, begin again at the first step.  Faster the next time around.  Then . . .
  • TV turned Off and I instantly let go.

Test the top left TV On/Off button on your Remote.  If it operates you have probably solved all of the problems.  Your Volume control scale may look different now.  The now label reads: ‘TV Volume’.  My speakers are fine.

For what it’s worth, the Verizon crews have been in the neighborhood for several months lacing in newer, much larger cable.  They may have accidentally caused the problem during a hook-up.

MicRap
Enthusiast - Level 1

For those whose remote was working to power the tv on/off but wasn’t working to control the volume.  I had this issue and just solved it by after pairing the remote went to Menu/Settings/Voice Control/Fios TV Voice Remote/Program Fios TV Voice Remote/Switch Audio Device.  Select “TV” instead of “Audio Video Receiver”.  This fixed my issue of not being able to control the volume.

Dcc11

Try unplugging tv for 15 seconds. Plug back in. Worked for mine...

0 Likes
Re: FIOS TV One Remote Programming for LG TV
Esjacks

This worked for me

My volume now works

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
pfzjoe2

This worked for me:

Go to Menu > Settings > Voice Control > Fios TV Voice Remote > Program Voice Remote > Reset Remote Setup > Manual Setup > Press ‘OK’ to select.

Select the TV brand and model and follow the steps.

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes