Guide consistently WRONG!!!
Yaco
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

Guide well.. It STINKS.. Wrong shows record or won't record. Anything being dome about this?

Lee

0 Likes
Re: Guide consistently WRONG!!!
Techman28
Master - Level 1
I need a bit more info than that.... Is everything in the guide wrong? Are you using TIVO?
0 Likes
CapnTrips
Contributor - Level 3

@Yaco wrote:

Hi,

Guide well.. It STINKS.. Wrong shows record or won't record. Anything being dome about this?

Lee

Unclear whether "something is being done about it", but there are multiple threads here about the problems with the guide, and these fora are monitored by Verizon employees who occassionally respond and have said that suggestions from this board are passed to the appropriate folks at Verizon.
 That said, there is no compelling evidence that anything that is written/reported in these fora has precipitated any changes or improvements to Verizon's product.
In the case of the IMG, several posters have reported that the current Program Guide provider's (an outfit called FYI) contract with Verizon expires at the end of this year, and there has in general been optimistic hope that Verizon will sign on a different (hopefully better) Program Guide provider to provide support in 2009 and on.  To my knowledge there has been no confirmation from Verizon that this will happen, but that has been the "hope" on these boards.
 We can always hope. (Although "hope is not a strategy").  It would be nice if Verizon indicated what they were doing, or if nothing, then say so. 
0 Likes
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3
Don't know if this makes a difference, but if you go to widgets and then select option on the remote...Is your correct zip code in there?
matcarl
Master - Level 1
The Widgets have nothing to do with the problem being discussed here.
0 Likes
jamieva
Contributor - Level 1
I see programming listed completely wrong.  Many times on ESPNU there are games listed to be shown on replay on the weekdays that have not even been played yet. 
0 Likes
CR
Enthusiast - Level 3

As far as I can tell, MHz6 (channel 456 in Laurel) hasn't been correct since I started getting service last week.

(Using the Verizon HD-DVR)

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1
ESPNU has always had that happening from what I'm told is they change their mind on their programming at the last min on that channel however I need further examples of this. and please list what state your in or your zip code so that I can have the issues taken a look at and resolved
0 Likes
CeeZee

Well, I took a couple of minutes and right now (6:00 - 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday 10/22) HGTV-HD is showing "Designed to Sell" but the guide shows it to be "Hidden Potential". When I look at TVGuide.com listings for that channel at that time on Fios it has it correctly identified as "Designed to Sell".

This is just one of probably many incorrect entries in the IMG for this time period. To expect the customers to do the debugging of this ongoing problem is just not reasonable. If you had one (low level) person assigned for a couple of days to simply look for errors, you'd see what we see on a daily basis. The continued data inaccuracies are a blot on the otherwise excellent IMG and have become a huge frustration for otherwise happy customers. 

Edit: I am not using a Tivo. I am using a 6XXX HD-DVR and the IMG. 

Edit 2: Also, obviously, fixing individual issues is not fixing the problem. The problem is the constant data inaccuracies in the Verizon IMG that are listed correctly on other guides.

Message Edited by CeeZee on 10-22-2008 03:29 PM
Message Edited by CeeZee on 10-22-2008 03:33 PM
0 Likes
CR
Enthusiast - Level 3

In the case of MHz6 (NHKW) I'm in zip 20707 (Maryland).  Given that this is a Japanese

channel I thought it might be difficult to get accurate programming information for the

guide, but lo and behold I found  http://www.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/english/tv/schedule/index.html

which seems to be right on the money (to the extent I've checked it).  From a cultural

standpoint I'd be very surprised to see NHK (a Japanese flagship TV broadcaster) just

randomly changing thier schedule on a whim.

0 Likes