HD channels currently unavailable?
ox

All my HD channels except my local ones are tuning in fine when I select them.  However, after 10 seconds the screen goes blank and says "currently unavailable".  Any one else having this issue in the 14223 zip?  (Tonawanda, NY)

0 Likes
Re: HD channels currently unavailable?
Keyboards
Master - Level 3
Try calling VZ and having them re-authorize (reset) your box. It sounds like the STB has lost the enable for the other HD channels.
0 Likes
ann
We are having the same problem.  We live in the 14075(hamburg) zip.  We were actually suppose to have a tech visit our house last Wed to replace the box and they never showed up. Finally after many resets and a few tech visits I was told it is a worldwide problem with the DVR boxes and they are working on it. 
0 Likes
uscharalph

Every once in a while I get the same problem.  I keep switching back to the channel before it kicks in.  Very frustrating!

0 Likes
Joe01880
Contributor - Level 1
You might try unpluging your STB for about 30 seconds, then plug it back in. That seems to fix it for about three days, then it starts back up agian.
0 Likes
williemd47

I’ve experienced the same issues.  My solution was to have the service tech check the signal strength out of the splitter.  (You would be surprised how this effects the operation of the STB’s.)  Mine was well below the spec.  He replaced the splitter with a new and resolved the problem.  It seems the 1.6.0 changed some parameters that reflex the signal output.  I’ve not experienced further issues regarding.

0 Likes
Tapperlite
New FIOS TV customer since Oct 14, 2008.  I've been having the "currently unavailable" problems about twice a week on the 7216 DVR only and on various SD and HD channels.  I've called it in several times, hard DRV resets and soft DVR resets only fix it temporarily.  This HD DVR is connected via HDMI to my Samsung 56" TV.  When it happens on the SD channels, I can go right to the 2500 STB which is connected to my old TV and the SD channel comes in just fine.  My zip code is 98203 (Everett, WA).
Message Edited by Tapperlite on 11-20-2008 12:03 PM
0 Likes
Humble
Enthusiast - Level 3
I experience the "currently unavailable" issue several times a week.   I have learned that if I press the Channel button up or down and allow the program to come on, I can then press the Channel button again and go to the program that said it was "currently unavailable" and it is almost 100% available.   I had been resetting the boxes and resetting the router but it just reoccurs.   Try the Channel up and down method as a patch until the issue is fixed.
0 Likes