HD DVR Problems - No Video but Audio Works Fine
ddrager
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Motorola QIP 6416 HD DVR box. It works great, most of the time. However, seemingly randomly, it will stop sending video to my display. Audio still comes through fine.

We have the video coming from HDMI to a HDMI->DVI converter, and the TV is DVI. The audio comes out of the optical port.

It seems to happen when we are on non-HD channels mainly. If the box is left on overnight, on a non-HD channel, we will sometimes wake up to find that the video does not work. Shutdown/turn on does not fix the issue, only a hard reset by unplugging the power cord and plugging it back in fixes it. It never seems to happen while on an HD channel.

Not sure if there is anything I can do on my end, I'm thinking I might need to get the box replaced but wanted to check with you wise-guys before going through that hassle!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HD DVR Problems - No Video but Audio Works Fine
mikelets456
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had this problem on my Hitachi 51" HDTV RP and HD DVR box....I went from the HDMI out to the DVI in and would lose video but not audio. Then I went to component input and all was well then it happened again. I finally figured out that since the upgrade to 1.5 IMG (new guide) I did a box reset from the Verizon internet site and have not had the problem since.

Set up your verizon account then go in "Fios Tv services" and check off your boxes and hit "reset box" and your problem should be solved. Like I said since the reset 3 weeks ago I have not had a problem. Remember, simply unplugging it then plugging it back in will not work....reset it from online.

Btw, some settings may be lost (parental controls,etc).....

View solution in original post

mikelets456
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had this problem on my Hitachi 51" HDTV RP and HD DVR box....I went from the HDMI out to the DVI in and would lose video but not audio. Then I went to component input and all was well then it happened again. I finally figured out that since the upgrade to 1.5 IMG (new guide) I did a box reset from the Verizon internet site and have not had the problem since.

Set up your verizon account then go in "Fios Tv services" and check off your boxes and hit "reset box" and your problem should be solved. Like I said since the reset 3 weeks ago I have not had a problem. Remember, simply unplugging it then plugging it back in will not work....reset it from online.

Btw, some settings may be lost (parental controls,etc).....

ddrager
Enthusiast - Level 2
Thanks for the advice. My online account is a little messed up but I have a call in to have they straighten it out - hopefully after that I can reset my box and get things working correctly again. Will let everyone know how it went.
0 Likes
mikelets456
Enthusiast - Level 2
You can have the Fios rep reset your box, cal them back and they'll be glad to do it....have them do that for the time being as that does the same as if you were to do it yourself online.
0 Likes