HD DVRs offline -- new router
JanetInNJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have Fios bundle.  On Monday, I lost my internet connection.  Called tech support.  While on phone, I noticed Verizon truck down street.  When I asked about it, agent said outage in area, back up soon.  About 10-15 minutes later, internet back

I have desktop computer (wired), wireless laptop and wireless printer.  Wednesday morning, computer would not connect to printer.  I could copy something on printer, so it was working, but couldn't print anything from computer or laptop.  Then I noticed laptop was not connected to internet. 

I called tech support again.  After several questions, they advised that they would send a new router.  New router arrived Thursday.  I installed it and re-installed printer.  Everything seemed to be working okay.  I'm not real technical, but I can follow directions.  I thought I did everything right.  Now I'm not sure.

We have 4 boxes -- 2 regular and 2 HDDVR (one is in LR and is multi-room).  Last night I wanted to search for a show on the reg. STB.  Search not available.  Featured on Fios option showing generic icons.  I rebooted box and everything was okay.  I also rebooted all the other boxes as they were showing the same thing.

Two regular STBs are working fine.  The HD DVRs are still showing search as unavailable and now "Featured on FIOS" option is not even there.   System info on both HD DVRs says network status is offline and IP address is 0.0.0.0.  How do I fix this problem?  Rebooted both boxes and problem still persists.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: HD DVRs offline -- new router
JanetInNJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got it fixed.

I kept reading forum posts and found a similar one.  I turned the boxes and the router off.  Then turned them back on. 

Boxes are fine now. 

0 Likes
Re: HD DVRs offline -- new router
dumbanddumberer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Check all the connections on all your boxes even the ones that are working.  Then wait,  give it plenty of time, sleep on it,  mysteriously it will suddenly start working.

I have the same issue as you and they had me bring someone in to replace every piece of coax in the house and have fresh line run and a new splitter outside for all the lines.  Even after that the issue continued and suddenly 12 hours later the box started working but every time the DVR needs to be restarted when it freezes or locks up it stops showing on the verizon system for a few hours then magically appears again.

I just gave up going round in circles with customer support.   

I also have an issue where the sound just vanishes, even on recordings and comes back when I pause and play.  They told me that it was caused by an issue with the COAX but if it was an issue with the coax  then it would still have no sound if I paused and then pressed play instead of the sound coming back.  This points to an issue with the box but they won't replace the box and since Cable boxes of a similar design made by Motorola also suffer from issues with the sound cutting out (a friend is a cable tech) it is a hardware fault.

But instead I paid a fortune for a rewire that was not necessary and still have an issue.

0 Likes