HD On Demand Not Playing in HD But Charged For It
Davidmp
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just order the Hobbit in HD on Demand and it played in an HD pan and scan version. Contacted tech support about it and they are aware of the issue!  If you watch the movie anyway you are charged for it even thought Verizon FIOS is fully aware there is an issue and the customer is not gettting what they paid for. I was unsure the movie was not in the correct 2:40 format until I did some checking against the first Hobbit movie and checked things online. After doing so I confirmed with Verizon tech support. Beware if you purchase a movie and there are techincal issues DO NOT WATCH the movie or you will be charged. Unfortunately this is a 3 hour movie and I only had a limited time to watch it once you start and could not contact tech support until a day later. Poor customer support very poor. I would not have purchased this movie in SD ever and would have waited for Redbox as I usually do but with everyone sick in the house I had time and ordered it.

0 Likes
Re: HD On Demand Not Playing in HD But Charged For It
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: HD On Demand Not Playing in HD But Charged For It
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, 

We hadn't heard from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
-Amanda_M 

0 Likes