Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

HD Tivo and Fios

Mberard
Contributor
Contributor

HD Tivo and Fios

Message 1 of 3
(4,385 Views)

I am sorry if this has been asked and answered, but does anyone currently use HD Tivo (series 2) with FIOS TV?  I have called and spoken to 2 representatives, one said that I could use an HD Tivo box and one said that I could not.  Has anyone actually used the HD Tivo with FIOS?

I am very paranoid because I have Direct TV, and after the sales rep assured me that the HD Tivo would be compatible with Direct TV, it was not and has been unused for about a year.  I want to be sure that FIOS will be compatible with the HD Tivo before I switch to that provider.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
TimSykes
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III

Re: HD Tivo and Fios

Message 2 of 3
(4,380 Views)
KenAF
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV

Re: HD Tivo and Fios

Message 3 of 3
(4,356 Views)

There's no such thing as a HD TiVo Series2, unless you are talking about a DirecTiVo.  No DirecTV boxes work with FiOS.

For FiOS, you would buy the TivoHD ($199 at Sears) and then you would need one M-CARD from Verizon for $3.99/mo.

You can read more about the TivoHD and TivoHD XL in this post.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title