HDMI Handshake Problem
kafka2112

I have the motorola stb and have had HDMI handshake issues since installation. My stb is connected to my tv through my Marantz receiver and I am constantly having the picture drop out when changing channels or especially when using VOD.

My previous cable service had no such problems with the HDMI passing through so I know that is an issue between the motorola box and my Marantz. I have set it up using component cables but I feel the PQ is not the same. 

I have talked to verizon tech support numerous times and have been told that new firmware updates to the Moto box will fix the problem but it still is not working. 

Any thoughts or any news on a possible fix?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: HDMI Handshake Problem
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Does the HDMI work straight from the STB to the TV without the receiver in the equation?
0 Likes
kafka2112

I have not run the HDMI direct to the tv- probably should try that to see if it will work directly. I can't connect it this way in the long run- only have one hdmi input on the TV and more than one source.

I have asked Marantz if there are any possible fixes but have gotten no help on that end.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@kafka2112 wrote:

I have not run the HDMI direct to the tv- probably should try that to see if it will work directly. I can't connect it this way in the long run- only have one hdmi input on the TV and more than one source.

I have asked Marantz if there are any possible fixes but have gotten no help on that end.

You could go to Monoprice.com and get an inexpensive HDMI switch which would expand your HDMI inputs.  Not a solution, just a possible suggestion.  Ultimately Verizon / Motorola need to resolve the handshake issue.

0 Likes
elmontro
Ask them to replace the box with the previous model. It works fine. I just mine replaced today...same issue with Denon receiver
0 Likes
kafka2112
Do you know the model number of your previous box that worked with your Denon?
0 Likes