Hooking Up Slingbox to Fios Mini One
graciecatt

Dear Clem53 -

I am unable to access or write a private message and I'm desperate lol! You recently helped me with my Slingbox and drew me a diagram how to hook it up with my Fios Mini One.  I got the HDMI converter boxes and RGBRW cables a couple days ago and tried to find that diagram and found that my private message were all wiped out and I can no longer access that.  If you see this message, could you please attach the diagram to this post since it's public I should be able to see it.  Thank you so much!

0 Likes
Re: Hooking Up Slingbox to Fios Mini One
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@graciecatt wrote:

Dear Clem53 -

I am unable to access or write a private message and I'm desperate lol! You recently helped me with my Slingbox and drew me a diagram how to hook it up with my Fios Mini One.  I got the HDMI converter boxes and RGBRW cables a couple days ago and tried to find that diagram and found that my private message were all wiped out and I can no longer access that.  If you see this message, could you please attach the diagram to this post since it's public I should be able to see it.  Thank you so much!

Don't forget to set the resolution in the Fios video menu to 1080i, and make sure both converter boxes and the Slingbox are set to 1080i too.

0 Likes
graciecatt

Thank you!  Do you know how to set the resolution on the converter box?  It has a push button to choose (see photo) but there is no indication as to which resolution you are on each time you push the button.  The instructions with the box did not say how to know which resolution you'd landed on.  I will google how to set the resolution in the fios mini and the slingbox M1.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@graciecatt wrote:

Thank you!  Do you know how to set the resolution on the converter box?  It has a push button to choose (see photo) but there is no indication as to which resolution you are on each time you push the button.  The instructions with the box did not say how to know which resolution you'd landed on.  I will google how to set the resolution in the fios mini and the slingbox M1.

Couldn't tell you as i don't own that box. I'd be Googleing it myself! It really shouldn't matter at first as the Slingbox should be able to deal with whatever it is initially set to. If it's 480P, it will look bad, but still give you a picture. You apparently keep pushing that switch and it toggles through the resolutions. Eventually you'll get to 1080i, which is what you want. To set the mini to 1080i you go to the menu>settings. Audio and video>Video settings>video format and set it to 1080i.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@clem53 wrote:

@graciecatt wrote:

Couldn't tell you as i don't own that box. I'd be Googleing it myself! It really shouldn't matter at first as the Slingbox should be able to deal with whatever it is initially set to. If it's 480P, it will look bad, but still give you a picture. You apparently keep pushing that switch and it toggles through the resolutions. Eventually you'll get to 1080i, which is what you want. To set the mini to 1080i you go to the menu>settings. Audio and video>Video settings>video format and set it to 1080i.

Does it work yet?

0 Likes