How is Verizon FiOS TV
bige

I was just wondering if anyone is liking Verizon FiOS TV?

I have seen some Verizon FiOS commericals and do you think they commericals do Verizon FiOS justice they anyone on this forum have FiOS TV and dose it match up with what they are saying on the commerical with the sound, picture and quiality? 

0 Likes
I've been pleased with service for 5 months...
John_in_VA
Enthusiast - Level 2

A neighbor with DirecTV HD thought the picture & DVR were better than what he had, and we have the same 60" Sony TV.

Verizon is in the process of doing some sort of upgrade, and I've lost a feature I've enjoyed & become used to (status bar to show where you are in a program), but service & tech support have usually been satisfactory.

0 Likes
Re: How is Verizon FiOS TV
HenryFarpolo
Contributor - Level 2

In my experience. FIOS TV  is as advertised. I ran FIOS over one year in parallel with Comcast, so I had a great opportunity to contrast the two services. I was also one of the early adopters of DirecTV and had it for a number of years. Each of the three services has positives and negatives. Your question is not about either DirecTV or Comcast. In my opinion they are both decent services and I have no knock on either

As an early adopter of FIOS TV, I have seen the service go through some growing pains like any other new service. I must say though, the service quality, and picture and sound quality have been outstanding. I have called technical assistance once in two years, and only had one service call. The service call was within the past week and the problem was a poor coax connector installed by the customer.....Me!!

I find both the SD picture quality and the HD PQ to be better than what I had previously. The sound coming from my high end sound system is also outstanding. 

Do your homework bige, by visiting this and other forums. Any service has its critics, some with justification. Judge for yourself, what we say. If FIOS is available in your area, I would recommend giving it a shot.

0 Likes
bige
Verizon just recently burried their fiber optic cables in the neighborhood that I live in.  When I moved the only option for TV was Cox Cable, I lived in Indiana since that is my Home State and we did have Comcast Cable since verizon dose not offer this service in Indiana yet
0 Likes
HenryFarpolo
Contributor - Level 2

Once they complete the underground cable, you should be ready for service. Check with Verizon regularly.

You asked about TV service. The internet service is rock solid. Also, if you have telephone service with Verizon, once they move you to fiber, you will find a noticable upgrade in voice quality, with fewer service issues than with copper.

0 Likes