How long before FIOS TV is available?
mab57
Enthusiast - Level 3
This is my first post here & I'm not sure this is even the right place to ask this. I got FIOS phone & internet service in Dec. 2007, which I'm very happy with. I signed up very soon after FIOS became available where I live. How long does it usually take for FIOS TV to become available after phone & internet become available. FIOS TV is not available where I live right now, according to Verizon's website. I currently have Comcast & I would guess it might possibly be cheaper getting everything bundled together.
0 Likes
Re: How long before FIOS TV is available?
caeias

I am in the same boa also, I have FIOs internet and phone but the TV isn't available. Right now, it is costing me more because I don't have the triple bundle and every time I ask when the TV will be available I don't get an answer. With the digital conversion coming up soon, I would like to know if I will be able to get FIOs TV anytime soon? If FIOs TV is not available by Feb., I will be terminating my Verizon service. I would like some sort of update if possible?

0 Likes
mab57
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since my post, I called up my local Township office & they gave me an e-mail address from someone at Verizon. Apparently, they've been getting alot of calls from other people in my town who want FIOS TV. I sent an e-mail although I didn't really expect to get a reply back. Within minutes, I got an e-mail back from the guy asking me for more information so he could check with Verizon's engineers. I gave him the info & he got back to me by the end of the day! FIOS TV should be available in my area in the third quarter of 2009.

Right now, I'm paying about $190 combined to Verizon for phone & internet and Comcast for cable TV. I can't believe that it won't be at least a little cheaper getting everything through Verizon. I don't want to get everything through Comcast since I really like Verizon's FIOS internet.

If I were you, I'd check with your local government & they might be able to help you get in touch with someone at Verizon. 

0 Likes
TheSanchez
Contributor - Level 2

That is correct.  Most area's where FiOS TV isn't available yet are in townships or whatever equivalent there may be.  Most of them have direct verizon contacts at the request of the township itself. 

TS

0 Likes