How to get FiOS P265 remote to work with new Insignia Roku TV
Fis1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a new Insignia Roku TV. It was easy to set up and sync with the FiOS P265 remote, HOWEVER some critical functions don't work. I am hoping I'm just overlooking something. 

Specifically, the FiOS P265 remote will only turn the TV on/off, and change or mute the volume. However, when this model TV turns on, it defaults to a menu where you must choose your input, and the FiOS remote does not let me do that.

So, in summary:

- I can't practically turn on the TV without the Insignia remote

BUT

- I can't change the channels without the FiOS remote

Is there any solution? Having the TV default to HDMI1 (FiOS) when I turn it on would be nice, OR having the D-Pad on the FiOS remote control the TV would solve the problem as well. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to get FiOS P265 remote to work with new Insignia Roku TV
Fis1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Somebody in the Insignia forums pointed me in the right direction. The setting is called "Power On:"

Go into the settings of the TV. Then System, then Power, and finally Power On. In here you pick which input you want the tv to power on to.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Doubtful you will get advanced features on your TV with the FiOS remote.

Cant believe TV can't default to a particular source port.

Try googling for help on that.

TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Insignia Roku TV

Support & Service

https://www.insigniaproducts.com/support

Good Luck with your research

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to let all of us know and click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.

Fis1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Somebody in the Insignia forums pointed me in the right direction. The setting is called "Power On:"

Go into the settings of the TV. Then System, then Power, and finally Power On. In here you pick which input you want the tv to power on to.

0 Likes