Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

I'm not paying you to sell me stuff!

jwbeckman
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not paying you to sell me stuff!

Message 1 of 5
(1,397 Views)

I get so tired of paying a premium for Verizon services and then getting bombarded with Verizon marketing "pop-ups" and "banners." Enough already! I already pay over $2,000 per year for your service. Just concentrate on giving me what I'm paying for and stop stuffing my TV screen with more and more advertising.  I'm getting R-E-A-L close to just canceling Verizon altogether. You guys are geting just too GREEDY.

4 REPLIES 4
Telcoguru
Gold Contributor VII Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: I'm not paying you to sell me stuff!

Message 2 of 5
(1,383 Views)

Go to Menu-Settings-Notifications-Promotions and select Disable and hit the OK button. Do the same thing for the Pop up alerts and Recommendations.

gs0b
Platinum Contributor I Platinum Contributor I
Platinum Contributor I

Message 3 of 5
(1,351 Views)

@jwbeckman wrote:

I get so tired of paying a premium for Verizon services and then getting bombarded with Verizon marketing "pop-ups" and "banners." Enough already! I already pay over $2,000 per year for your service. Just concentrate on giving me what I'm paying for and stop stuffing my TV screen with more and more advertising.  I'm getting R-E-A-L close to just canceling Verizon altogether. You guys are geting just too GREEDY.

Many cable providers junk up their guides with advertisements.  I've seen much worse.  Verizon is about average.

If you're really considering switching due to this, be sure to check out the cable company's guide before you make any decisions.

Good Luck.

Bobbo527
Gold Contributor I
Gold Contributor I

Message 4 of 5
(1,347 Views)

@jwbeckman wrote:

I have yet to see a cable company that hasn't crammed it's guide with ads. Verizon has made it very easy to stop them from popping up. Just follow the instructions Telcoguru posted.

fuge76
Contributor
Contributor

Tech selling serviced not required to fix Set Top box

Message 5 of 5
(1,004 Views)

On the evening of 9 June 14 my Set-Top box went to 4 dashes (stopped working). The Verizon tech played some magic on my laptop to via a remote connection and explained that the problem was from a "network work problem" and that only a "Level 7 Technician would be able to fix it". After a LONG LONG time the tech convinced me that the reason my Set Top box was not working was due to "someone hacked into your network" and "if you don't pay for this $200.00 service from Clovis Ca you will lose access to ALL your devices; phones, internet everything". Of course after the "technician" from billing@gth.us.com got done 1.5 hours later the TV still does not work. When I explained to the Verizon tech that the problem was not corrected, he stated "what was the problem". I had to explain again about the Set Top box to which he stated, "that is a hardware problem that I cannot fix, I will have to order a technician to replace to replace the box". To which I responded "why did I just pay $200.00 then"? I received a response of "but your PC is running better now". My response? "My PC was not the problem, it is my TV"! I will be speaking with the supervisors at Verizon this AM. Also I will be speaking with my credit card company this morning also to cancel the payment. All in all ... Not extremely happy with Verizon tech support.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title