Installation and Moving in
TophHoward
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am trying to schedule my install such that I have no gaps in my service when I move into my new apartment.   At the moment I have my install scheduled just a couple days before my actual things will arrive.  

I am trying to find out if this will prove futile and the installation tech will be unable to do the intallation without a TV present.   I do tech support for a living, so I'm not really worried about getting all the equipement setup for me.  I accept that if things don't work because they were not tested, it would be on me.  

It would not be too hard to get a computer to the new apartment for the install.  Was hoping my monitor might have HDMI input and I'd have a work around for my missing TV, but sadly it's only DVI and VGA.  

Ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Installation and Moving in
PJL
Master - Level 3

@TophHoward wrote:

I am trying to schedule my install such that I have no gaps in my service when I move into my new apartment.   At the moment I have my install scheduled just a couple days before my actual things will arrive.  

I am trying to find out if this will prove futile and the installation tech will be unable to do the intallation without a TV present.   I do tech support for a living, so I'm not really worried about getting all the equipement setup for me.  I accept that if things don't work because they were not tested, it would be on me.  

It would not be too hard to get a computer to the new apartment for the install.  Was hoping my monitor might have HDMI input and I'd have a work around for my missing TV, but sadly it's only DVI and VGA.  

Ideas?

Get an HDMI-DVI adapter.  The tech will want to have at least video to check the TV portion to ensure the STB activates properly, but I wouldn't think no audio would be an issue.  Just a thought. 

0 Likes
Re: Installation and Moving in
TophHoward
Enthusiast - Level 1

@PJL wrote:

Get an HDMI-DVI adapter.  The tech will want to have at least video to check the TV portion to ensure the STB activates properly, but I wouldn't think no audio would be an issue.  Just a thought. 

Found a cheap adaptor I can use with my HDMI cable.  Tested it connecting my current cable box (which looks identical to the Motorolas Verizon pictures) to my Monitor.  The aspect ratio was way off, but got the job done.  I suspect it will do for testing at my new place.   

Thanks

0 Likes