Intermittent sound problem on DVR playback on STB
FLiOS
Enthusiast - Level 2

I find that pausing for a second brings sound back after resuming play. Also, rewinding and replaying brings sound back in the same segment that just had no sound so it's not an external connection issue but instead something with my in-home equipment.

If I were to guess I'd say the sound drops out when the STB or Multi-Room DVR are being heavily taxed with other tasks and the processor can't keep up.

Is there a solution to this aside from requesting a new DVR Multi box?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Intermittent sound problem on DVR playback on STB
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@lasagna wrote:

Answering blindly here as I don’t have Vz STB’s (I have TiVO), but I had similar issues and ended up fixing it by changing the signal output from the Tivo to th3 TV from Dolby to PCM.  Is there a similar “audio” settings option on the STB?  (When I had the Vz STB’s a while back, there was also a hidden menu that could be accessed when the box was powered off to check as well.  Maybe one of the other folks who frequently answer here will know where you might find that setting to give it a try.

What you may be referring to is going in the service menu and changing to LPCM. Been documented many times, but again: power off at box, OK 2X , left arrow, user menu, Additional HDMI settings,  change audio to LPCM, power.

View solution in original post

FLiOS
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem. Anyone have a solution? I'm going to try to reset my main DVR STB and see if that helps. This only happens on one of my client STBs, as far as I can tell.

Bend1

Did this help? This is a new problem for us.

0 Likes
FLiOS
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, I'm still experiencing the problem. Sound drops out when playing back a recorded show. Hitting pause and then play  restores it. Annoying to have to continuously hit pause, play. Any solutions? Verizon Tech please DM me to discuss options. 

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Answering blindly here as I don’t have Vz STB’s (I have TiVO), but I had similar issues and ended up fixing it by changing the signal output from the Tivo to th3 TV from Dolby to PCM.  Is there a similar “audio” settings option on the STB?  (When I had the Vz STB’s a while back, there was also a hidden menu that could be accessed when the box was powered off to check as well.  Maybe one of the other folks who frequently answer here will know where you might find that setting to give it a try.

Walesave
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem and it does appear to occur only on the media client. Haven't seen an answer on this forum yet so I'll have a chat with Verizon. Will update this group if I get an answer.

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@lasagna wrote:

What you may be referring to is going in the service menu and changing to LPCM. Been documented many times, but again: power off at box, OK 2X , left arrow, user menu, Additional HDMI settings,  change audio to LPCM, power.