Known issue with set top box model VMS1100 - deletes half DVR capacity
adels333

Be warned that if you have a set top box model VMS1100, the box can run a system upgrade at any point which can remove half the storage capacity and then delete all programs over the limit. This happened to me this week, and the box deleted 8 months of shows I had programmed. I was on the phone with Verizon for several hours, and they said this is a known issue, and there is no way they can recover the shows. They actually completely deactivated my boxes in the process of trying to fix it, so now nothing works. They offered to send a new box, but that will remove all my recordings. I pay for DVR to have my shows when I want them - not so that they can randomly delete my programs with a known system error.

0 Likes
Re: Known issue with set top box model VMS1100 - deletes half DVR capacity
Lamatraca22

I had the same issue today, about an hour ago. My son was going to watch one of the shows he recorded and told me the TV was not working. His box got disconnected from the main box. I went to check the DVR and notice it was rebooting. upon reboot, I noticed all our recordings were gone. I called tech support and could not tell me what has caused the box to reboot, They could not tell what was the root cause of this incident. They could not tell what happened. They could not help me. they could not bring all the recordings back. I am very dissapointed with the quality of the hardware. The model of the box is Arris VMS1100. 

0 Likes