Media Manager and HP MediaSmart home server
FiosBob

New to Verizon FIOS service.  I have an HP MediaSmart home server with all of my music, photos and videos on it.  Obviously it would be good if the Verizon Media Manager could run on it and serve-up all of this content to my TV's!  Has anyone had any experience with this?

I tried to install the Media Manager on it (logging into the server with Remote Desktop), but for some reason the server wouldn't let me, even though I have Admin rights.

0 Likes
latest version of media manager - install interrupted
richardka
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am trying to install the latest version of media manager and setup wizard fails stateing that the install was interrupted and to reinstall.

No other error is given. I checked the event viewer and found entries mentioning error code 1602 and 1603 with no explaination. 

I downloaded the latest adobe flash player, using Media player 11 on vista 32 bit machine with 63 gig free. The previous version worked fine until I tried to upgrade.

Removing quicktime does not solve problem as someone else posted. Messed up Itunes.

Called FIOS support and worked with support for 3 different days, no success. Last person, a manager, admitted they know nothing about media manager and for me to try here....

help!

0 Likes
Re: latest version of media manager - install interrupted
VZ_Brian
Contributor - Level 2

Hi there.  I'm sorry about this trouble you're having.  When you have a chance, give this a try:

Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver and delete all files/folders found there

Re-install media manager

Possible issue with the installer engine.  Please post or message me if successful.   

0 Likes
richardka
Enthusiast - Level 2

Brian

tried that with the other tech's the other day....

Rich

0 Likes
TheOCfrmOntario

Suggest you contact Microsoft's Technical Support group.  I also had a problem with the new 9.2 software upgrade and called Verizon's Tech support and they could not figure out the problem.  I then contacted Microsoft Technical Support and they were able to determine that a Roxio software program installed in my computer conflicted with Verizon's Media Manager. 

I un-installed the Roxio program and reinstalled Verizon's software upgrade and the problem was resolved.  I believe you may have better results to determine your issue if you contact Microsoft's Techincal Support group.

0 Likes
jwolf
Tried that command also Brian, no luck. Any idea on what type of programs the installer may conflict with? Trial almost ending and havnt been able to use it!
0 Likes
richardka
Enthusiast - Level 2

Don't think Microsoft is the culprit (hated saying that) since I don't have Roxio installed and Media Manager worked  prior to installing the upgrade.

Nothing new was introduced to my pc.

0 Likes
richardka
Enthusiast - Level 2

no success with installing media manager after spending hours on the phone with support and this forum

seems no one knows how this product works

well, they finally posted another version of media manager on 8/6 and it finally works.

0 Likes
Media Manager will not install
Treasagent
Everytime I try to install Media Manager on my PC I keep getting errors. The main one I see is  "TODO (Filename)"  Is there anything I can do to get this software to load?
0 Likes
Re: Media Manager will not install
Hubrisnxs
Legend

there might be some program or file in your start up that is conflicting.   in general when I have trouble loading software, I go to start > run > msconfig      go to the start up tab and hit disable all (I re-enable after the install)  

after disabling all, I reboot my machine, and install the software of choice, and that will let me install succesfully most of the time. 

after installing, don't forget to go back and re-enable your start up programs. start > run > msconfig    

0 Likes