media manager
ilpak
Enthusiast - Level 3

just installed verizon media manager. when starting a programm it freezes and getting message
"missing flash.ocx file". reistalled adobe flash player, but there is no flash.ocx or any flashXXX.ocx.

i have windows vista and used mozilla for installation.

any ideas,

thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: media manager
ilpak
Enthusiast - Level 3

to my big surprize there are different versions of flash player for different browsers. chrome and firefox use one without flash.ocx file and internet explore using one with flash11e.ocx. when i downloaded flash player for ie i copied flash11e.ocx and renamed it to flash.ocx. and now media manager works. 

i don't really care about ie9, because i'm using chrome and firefox. it just bugs me that i can't install it. i think a lot of people with windows vista have problem with it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Roadking10453
Contributor - Level 1

its there. You may not see it if your system is set to not display some file types...it should be in macromedia flash folder which is typically under the system32 folder

0 Likes
Roadking10453
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes
ilpak
Enthusiast - Level 3

thanks, but as i said in my message in my flash folder no files like flash.ocx or any flashXXX.ocx, though there are other files but nothing like flash.ocx. and i know about renaiming just i have nothing to rename. some one told me that if flash player installed with chrome or mozilla then flash.ocx not installed. have to use explore. but for some reason can't install ie-9 on my computer. installation wasn't complete and can't  go back to ie-8 because it's thinks that ie-9 was installed. what a mess.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

What version of OS are you running. Try going to the professional web site and downloading the complete install files for IE9 if you wish. It may allow you to do a clean install..

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/ie.aspx?q=internet+explorer&WT.mc_id=MSCOM_EN_US_DLC_ICONNAV_12...

If you wish to uninstal IE9 you can do so in the control panel where it allows you to uninstall updates.

Need more info on what Version of windows you are running. If you are running windows 7 it can be found here.

0 Likes
ilpak
Enthusiast - Level 3

to my big surprize there are different versions of flash player for different browsers. chrome and firefox use one without flash.ocx file and internet explore using one with flash11e.ocx. when i downloaded flash player for ie i copied flash11e.ocx and renamed it to flash.ocx. and now media manager works. 

i don't really care about ie9, because i'm using chrome and firefox. it just bugs me that i can't install it. i think a lot of people with windows vista have problem with it.

0 Likes