My aggravations with Quantum Tv
slee2099
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently got the quantum TV service and at first I was pleased but after using it for a while now I've become very disappointed, let me say I do like the extra tuners and the increased storage space but that's where the fun ends. First off my onscreen caller ID hasn't worked right since I got this new box I've been on the phone twice with tech support for like 30 to 45 min., each time it was fixed it worked a few times and then stopped again, 2 - you can't check voice mail through the STB anymore, 3 -  when you try to scan through the on screen guide it goes slow like an old PC trying to run modern software, sometimes pressing the info button will get you a blank screen or a message saying please wait with a response time that takes forever, I have the newest modem with the dual wireless antennas and it's been working fine so I'm sure this is not the problem. Quantum TV could be an excellent service but the box needs serious upgrades, I'm not sure what type of processor chip is in  this box but I have the felling it was probably made by Pringles, I don't know who authorized these boxes for use but it must have been a plant from Comcast trying to sabotage Verizon. Anyway I think I've made my point instead of a quantum leap forward it's seems more like a giant step backwards.

Signed unhappy for now

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My aggravations with Quantum Tv
slee2099
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay apparently some changes were made, yesterday I recieved a email about my account being reset and I happened to be awake this morning when my box suddenly reset itself and after some checking I noticed changes made to the caller ID section in the menu plus response time is quicker, also under system info the build number has changed. Hopfully this upgrade will get rid of the bugs. Also let extend my appoligies to Verizon and it's tech people, I have been having some personal problems recently and it seems when I look back at my message that started this thread I was taking my frustrations out on thru here insted on doing it the correct way, I've been a Verizon FIOS customer for all this time without any major problems and should have realized that all this could be fixed if handled correctly, so again I'm sorry and thanks Verizon for the years of good service.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

The Caller ID part is an unusual hiccup,  I don't think we see a lot regarding that when switching to Quantum.  I am finding out that what most tech's do on the phone, verizon built in an auto fix tool into the Box itself. 

To do the auto fix you would press menu> cust support > top support tools and then select Caller ID Troubleshooter.

Let it run, and then test it, and see if it fixes your issue or if you see the notification.

Regarding the slow response,  many people say that this doesn't work, but I have quantum and I've given the suggestion to quite a few friends, and it has worked for them, so you're welcome to try it.

Menu>settings>audio and video>Video and then SD Format.  Stretch normally causes an issue, so Turn it off, and then see if it's more responsive.  You might have to sacrfice on the feature but your response time should be better.  If it's already set to off, then switch it to 480/p and even try it on stretch.    

This fix is an old fix that works on a lot of systems, and it has to do with the video processor being used whether your TV video processor is being used (which can be faster) or whether the Box Video processor is being used (can be slower).

hope those help. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am having a similar issue with Caller Id.

I can't find the menu option you refer to.

There is nothing for caller id under customer support/ support tools.

I have looked both on VMS and IPC.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

The Caller ID part is an unusual hiccup,  I don't think we see a lot regarding that when switching to Quantum.  I am finding out that what most tech's do on the phone, verizon built in an auto fix tool into the Box itself. 

To do the auto fix you would press menu> cust support > top support tools and then select Caller ID Troubleshooter.

Let it run, and then test it, and see if it fixes your issue or if you see the notification.

Regarding the slow response,  many people say that this doesn't work, but I have quantum and I've given the suggestion to quite a few friends, and it has worked for them, so you're welcome to try it.

Menu>settings>audio and video>Video and then SD Format.  Stretch normally causes an issue, so Turn it off, and then see if it's more responsive.  You might have to sacrfice on the feature but your response time should be better.  If it's already set to off, then switch it to 480/p and even try it on stretch.    

This fix is an old fix that works on a lot of systems, and it has to do with the video processor being used whether your TV video processor is being used (which can be faster) or whether the Box Video processor is being used (can be slower).

hope those help. 

Do you actually have Quantum TV? Or have you received an update in the last few days? I still have 01.99 SIT so:

1) The option in the menu for the Caller ID Troublshooter does not exist in Quantum TV. Since the Menu/Guide system is somewhat back level compared to the the regular FiOS boxes it may come in the (hopefully near) future, but for now it does not exist.

2) There are only two options for SD Override with Quantum TV: Off and Stretch. There are no 480 anything options available. Same comment for the future as in #1.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@CRobGauth wrote:

I am having a similar issue with Caller Id.

I can't find the menu option you refer to.

There is nothing for caller id under customer support/ support tools.

I have looked both on VMS and IPC.

You are correct, at least for the software version I have on Quantum TV, the option does not exist. Have you tried all of the various fix tools under Tops Support Tools? Caller ID is working just fine for me, has from the beginning, but maybe one of those fix-it things might help. If they don't, you might try turning it off then back on, if that doesn't help then my guess would be a local FiOS VHO problem and you probably need to (hate to say it!) call it in.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes
slee2099
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Justin wrote:

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

hope those help. 

Do you actually have Quantum TV? Or have you received an update in the last few days? I still have 01.99 SIT so:

1) The option in the menu for the Caller ID Troublshooter does not exist in Quantum TV. Since the Menu/Guide system is somewhat back level compared to the the regular FiOS boxes it may come in the (hopefully near) future, but for now it does not exist.

2) There are only two options for SD Override with Quantum TV: Off and Stretch. There are no 480 anything options available. Same comment for the future as in #1.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

As others have stated there is no fix in the Quantum TV box to reset the caller ID and I really don't want to spend another 30-45 min on the phone with tech support only to have it work for a short time. As for the slow response first off I don't have the SD format turned on I don't like stretched pictures I'd rather see it in it's original format then phoney wide screen where the picture is either cut off or stretched so the actors look squaty, also if I'm understanding what your telling me I should run this box at a lower quality format to make it work right, well that sucks I'm spending all this money for quality and your telling me I might as well slap up an antenna and drag out the old 200 lb. consol TV. I think what I really want is my old Motorolla box back it had a few quirks but nothing like this

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

looks like they did move it, I haven't used the feature since I got it, haven't needed to, but it's under menu>settings>notifications>caller ID> and then select troubleshoot.

the off vs stretch still works for me and others,   So do one or the other.  the 480 part isn't a deal breaker for that to work.  it's the video processing in general, who is controlling it, your tv (off) or the set top box (stretch)

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

As others have stated there is no fix in the Quantum TV box to reset the caller ID and I really don't want to spend another 30-45 min on the phone with tech support only to have it work for a short time. As for the slow response first off I don't have the SD format turned on I don't like stretched pictures I'd rather see it in it's original format then phoney wide screen where the picture is either cut off or stretched so the actors look squaty, also if I'm understanding what your telling me I should run this box at a lower quality format to make it work right, well that sucks I'm spending all this money for quality and your telling me I might as well slap up an antenna and drag out the old 200 lb. consol TV. I think what I really want is my old Motorolla box back it had a few quirks but nothing like this

not at all,  the SD override is a feature that you and most of us clearly don't use, it affects ONLY your SD picture, does not affect your HD picture. but trust me, when flipping through channels or the guide, the box has to make decisions about output resolution.     that is where I found the problem in that decision making.   Humor me and try it, what have ya got to lose. 

if you don't want to try it, no big deal, I know from experience it works for me and others and was just throwing it out there.

Again it won't affect your HD picture whatsoever.

Also this is a problem you may not have experienced with the old motorola boxes, but this is a fix that came FROM the old motorola boxes.  it varied on who saw the problem by the manufacturer combination of the set top box and the tv set, so you might very well have never seen the problem, that's wholly possible.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't have a troubleshoot option.

I have  Check Availability, Alert Display, Alert Position, Alert Duration.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@CRobGauth wrote:

I don't have a troubleshoot option.

I have  Check Availability, Alert Display, Alert Position, Alert Duration.

Me too. Nothing else.

Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1)

0 Likes