Re: New FiOS TV One
nybauer

Wireless STB is a good improvement.  But they told me there would be a $50 upgrade fee even if all I did was self-install an additional STB.  

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@PA15143 wrote:

I know that blurbs say that the new boxes support 4K but I don't believe that FiOS has any 4K channels here in Pittsburgh, that I know of.

One question that I do have - is the box automatically 4K upscaling standard HD content?  The picture quality seems a lot better on standard broadcast and premium channels. 

No channels are really broadcasting anything in 4k. There have been some limited things but right now the majority or 4k content will be streaming services and VOD.

I’m sure there is definitely some upscaling. Alot of posts on here complained about the VMS boxes on 4k TVs. Glad to hear it looks better. 

BulletRouge
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is there seriously no DVR button on the new remote?!?

0 Likes
Onecooldad
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just say “DVR” and it takes you there.. or hit the Menu button and access it that way. It’s not that difficult. 

0 Likes
Onecooldad
Enthusiast - Level 1

You have to go in and change the video resolution to 2160.. menu, settings, audio and video.. select 2160. It upscales. 

louis
Enthusiast - Level 1

why do I have to pay $50.00 for this when I'm going to pay a rental every month?

very shady company

Seeker1437
Community Leader
Community Leader

From my understanding when talking with sales (wanted to see if I could get one) you only incur the $50 technology upgrade fee if you do not already have Quantum TV Equipment (e.i. VMS1100/IPC1100).

Drahc1

I have quantum and the vms1100 with the remote ipc box. I try to order online and it is forcing me to two box rental and premium dvr service and charging me $50. I dont want premium. I am happy with enhanced and one main box and a remote mini one. No way to select it.  Chat support was useless. Had no idea what I was asking, just kept saying you get new equipment.

0 Likes
Seeker1437
Community Leader
Community Leader

AH that's pretty interesting maybe you would need to call in for that one!

eagles340
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had FIOS tv one installed today and I have say if you have a newer 4K tv it’s a must. The picture is is much more clearer. I went in changed the the one setting to 2160i

iI had a great picture before but this box is a must have. I have LG 55 4K.