Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu

New Fios TV Won't let me Log ON

SOLVED
ShopRat59
Contributor
Contributor

New Fios TV Won't let me Log ON

Message 1 of 9
(12,351 Views)

Last week I replaced my old (and working fine) FIO My TV app on my droid phone with the new one - based on a propmt that the old one was obsolete.

Now I can't log on.  My ID/Password work fine via a browswer but when I try to log on via FIOS TV I get: Sign-In-Error USer Id or Password is invalid. Please try again later or login at http://myverizon.com/ to manage your account if the problem persists.  

Error Code: 9-6-13-203-140

I did sign in to my verizon, by found nothing that helps with this error.  

My issue IS NOT that i don't know what my ID/Password are or that i mistyped them in my droid phone.

Please help, I use this app every day - our at least I used to.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JohnnyCeeVA
Contributor
Contributor

Re: New Fios TV Won't let me Log ON

Message 3 of 9
(12,194 Views)

The Fios TV app will not accept special characters in your password anymore (or at least, it won't accept the two I have been using for the past 4 years; ! and ^).  It took me 90 minutes on the phone with four different customer service representatives to figure this one out.  A special character password will get you into your MyVerizon account and your MyFios app, but not the Fios TV app.  Reset your password to alphanumeric and you will be fine.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ArcticHawk
Contributor
Contributor

Message 2 of 9
(12,212 Views)

Did your issue get resolved? The same problem, including the error code, started with me on Saturday, Oct. 7. I used the app just fine Friday evening.

JohnnyCeeVA
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 9
(12,195 Views)

The Fios TV app will not accept special characters in your password anymore (or at least, it won't accept the two I have been using for the past 4 years; ! and ^).  It took me 90 minutes on the phone with four different customer service representatives to figure this one out.  A special character password will get you into your MyVerizon account and your MyFios app, but not the Fios TV app.  Reset your password to alphanumeric and you will be fine.

ArcticHawk
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 9
(12,152 Views)

Your solution worked for me (change password and elimiate special characters). Thank you!

JohnnyCeeVA
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 9
(12,073 Views)

You're welcome.

Coronersdeciple
Contributor
Contributor

Message 6 of 9
(11,965 Views)

Worked for me as while. Ityclear the password policy filters for Verizon websites and the Verizon FIOS TV App are not the same. 

If they change the PW policy they should be requiring all users to change their PWs. Simple and common industry best practice.

CMR158
Contributor
Contributor

Message 7 of 9
(11,282 Views)

We just started having this issue. We’ve been using the app just fine until this morning. I changed my password to remove social characters and now it’s just letters and numbers. Seems odd that Verizon would change their security requirements in this fashion. Regardless, while I am able to log onto MyVerizon with the new password, I am still unable to get onto the FIOsTV app. 

Tmne
Contributor
Contributor

Message 8 of 9
(6,697 Views)

Other than a capital letter, I dont have special characters in my pass word. Now what?

LawrenceC
Moderator Moderator

Message 9 of 9
(6,686 Views)

This thread will be locked to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title