New Soundbar Mutes Grammy Music
FiosFrustrated4

Same issue! Just plugged in brand new soundbar and watching the Grammy's and the sound is normal until a musical guest and it essentially goes mute.  Fios set top audio settings are mono, stereo, surround.  Didnt notice any real difference with any of those options.   Went into Pass through and enabled,  still no better.  I also went into TV audio settings and changed between (PCM, Dolby D, Bitstream, and Auto) and PCM seems to have a slight improvement,  but still unacceptable in my opinion.  Has this been addressed at all since this original 2019 thread? 

0 Likes
Re: New Soundbar Mutes Grammy Music
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have problems with other shows ans@FiosFrustrated4 wrote:

Same issue! Just plugged in brand new soundbar and watching the Grammy's and the sound is normal until a musical guest and it essentially goes mute.  Fios set top audio settings are mono, stereo, surround.  Didnt notice any real difference with any of those options.   Went into Pass through and enabled,  still no better.  I also went into TV audio settings and changed between (PCM, Dolby D, Bitstream, and Auto) and PCM seems to have a slight improvement,  but still unacceptable in my opinion.  Has this been addressed at all since this original 2019 thread? 

Do you have problems with other shows and channels, or was it only the Grammys? Could be a problem just with that show. If so, how about your soundbar? Could it be a setting that isn't correct? How are you hooking up the soundbar? What brand and model is it?