No Signal Message
pamc

Hello – I’m petsitting for a friend and have wrecked her TV. The TV was working fine when I turned it on but I inadvertently pressed a button on the TV remote (not the FIOS remote) that caused the TV picture to vanish and a “no signal” message to appear on a snowy screen.  I tried to set the TV to channel 3 using the TV remote but that did not restore service. Can someone please help me get this sorted out before she gets home and yells at me?  Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: No Signal Message
Justin46
Legend

My guess would be that you hit a button that changed the input that the TV is set for, to one that has nothing connected to it, or the device is turned off. Since remotes vary by TV brand, and you didn't identify the brand anyway, there is no way to tell you exactly what button to push. But most TVs these days have multiple inputs and a button on the remote labeled "input" or something like that; just just keep pushing it as it cycles through the various inputs until it reaches the one with the live connection.

Having said the above, the Verizon FiOS remote has an "Input" button, in the lower left; mine is labled "A/V" on the button and "Input" below it. If your friend has the Verizon remote properly set up for the TV, that button generally will cycle through the inputs, just like the button on the TV remote would. You would need to hit the TV button at the top of the Verizon remote first so the signal goes to the TV, not the STB. I suggest you give it a try.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes