Onscreen Caller ID
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

My Onscreen Caller ID suddenly stopped working. When I go to settings, it says it's enabled. How do I get it working again?

Holly

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Onscreen Caller ID
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

My TV  Caller ID finally came back as it hadn't after  rebooting the STB and disabling and then enabling Caller ID. All I did this time was disable Caller ID and then enable Caller ID. 

Holly

View solution in original post

Hubrisnxs
Legend
That happens from time to time and it always gets fixed when I do this. Try it and let us know.

Disable caller id alerts (menu / settings / caller ID / alert displays = disable)
Reboot the set top box (menu / customer support / in home agent / reboot set top box)
Re-enable the alerts (menu / settings / caller ID / alert displays = enable)

That should work almost everytime.
0 Likes
sstrool
Enthusiast - Level 1

That is how we fix it, how about how it gets fixed so we dont have to do this again and again.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Well it stops working when you get a new ip address. These cable boxes are a lot like pc's, in that they need an ip to talk across the network for many things (Vod, widgets, tv guide data caller id etc...) when you get a new ip address (happens every so often) the communication chain gets broken. The steps above re-establish the chain. It's an imperfect system but it is what it is. The steps above fix it fairly quick, and yes its inconvenient but it works. Its a lot like a regular pc. If you leave it on 24/7 eventually it gets sluggish and unresponsive and you have to reboot it.

0 Likes
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

This didn't work for me. I might try rebooting by unplugging the STB just in case InHome Agent isn't working correctly, but I did read when I googled this problem that it doesn't always work and there has for some time been a problem with this feature. I might just forget even trying to get it to work as I don't like the idea of having to disable it and then renable it every few weeks. By the way, when I googled this problem I saw that some people have goitten it to work with just disabling and then enabling again--- no rebooting. Thanks anyway for the suggestion on how to get it to work again.

Holly

0 Likes
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

My TV  Caller ID finally came back as it hadn't after  rebooting the STB and disabling and then enabling Caller ID. All I did this time was disable Caller ID and then enable Caller ID. 

Holly